Miserable

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey y’all I’m 26 years old and I have no kids I just found out that I have a 7 cm fibroid I am constantly achy and get tired easily and find it hard to do most every day task like grocery shopping.im just miserable.  I went to my doctor today due to severe pain and found out that I have a infection after having a D&C done. I’m ready to get this darn thing out of me and my doctor wants to wait until I have 2 menstral cycles before doing surgery I’m sure it had to do with my age and the fact that I don’t have kids but at this point I feel like my health is more important then worrying about having kids one day. Has anyone else had to wait until they have had their period 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Like you I was 26 when I discovered I had fibroids. I too do not have children. Consultants at first thought I had three fibroids, each 4cm or below... but when I had my myomectomy nearly a year later it was discovered I had 5. I didn’t have to wait for menstrual cycles, my wait was due to the fact that my operation was cancelled twice. But I was just desperate for the operation... like you I just wanted to be well again, and live a normal life like my friends. That was more important to me than the thought of having children. 

• Posted

Not that it really matters but I’m 36 and pretty sure I’m not wanting kids and really wish my doctor would help I feel like the quality of my life is down the drain. Thank you for replying I just needed vent 
  • Posted

Hi Tiffany

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well, my fibroid was the size of a cantaloupe melon and despite complaining to my doctor in England about heavy periods, painful stomach cramps, not being able to breathe when I bent over and needing to pee all the time they never picked up on it, it was only when I had a problem with my gallbladder that they found it during tests and then because of it’s size decided to do a total abdominal hysterectomy, which is a vertical scar from my pelvis to my bellybutton, it also meant that I went into full blown menopause immediately after surgery. 

However, there are medications diets that have alleviated most of those symptoms so all in all it’s been a blessing.

I have 2 grownup girls so I didn’t mind having a hysterectomy and at my age having more children wasn’t going to happen, but perhaps you’re Doctors are just giving you the opportunity to think about the implications of what may happen if they can’t just remove the fibroid and have to perform a hysterectomy.

I know you say that you’re not bothered about having children and perhaps because you feel so bad it could be effecting your decision, I suggest you talk through your options with your Doctors and make sure that you’re happy with everything before surgery because if they have to perform a hysterectomy it can’t be undone. Find out if they can just remove the fibroid and if you can have children afterwards then that future option will still be there even if you decide not to have any.

Please don’t let how your feeling now make the decision for you.

Good luck Tiffany with whatever you decide ??

• Posted

I feel you i thought about getting UFE but i didn't feel like waiting months see if it worked or not. So i was ready for them to just cut it out🙌🏾🙏🏾. Plus with the horrible cramping i was experiencing i was ready 🗣 for them to cut it OUT. I had a open myomectomy wanted a laparoscopic myomectomy but i "guess" that was better for me😒🤷🏾. So far i haven't experinced any heavy bleeding🙅🏾 AMEN🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾 NO excruciating pain THANK YOU JESUS. I had spotting for a week and it was on and of or less after my surgery NO CRAMPING. Well i had pain but that was from surgery. It's been 28 days since my surgery and i haven't experinced no crampingno heavy bleeding. I'm praying maybe this is how my period is going to be from now on just spotting and no pain 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾. Talk to your doctor but also do your research Google it. Look at videos on youtube. Have any questions just ask💁🏾🙄. Goodluck🙄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.