Miserable

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder around the age of 5. I was also officially or unofficially diagnosed with Selective Mutism - as I didn't talk at school. I still don't, except to answer questions or ask the teacher a question or something. But my mental health really started to become a significantly distressful at age 12.

It started out with anxiety (not social or anything to do with feeling bad about myself.) But now it's misery. Everyday, all day (though it seems to worsen at night) I feel miserable. It's a physical feeling in my head, too. (Not painful or anything)

I'm on 50 mg of Zoloft, and 1 mg of Risperidone. I take Trazodone, but not consistently. The medication doesn't do anything for me. My mother and the nurse think it's helping me, but I still feel horrible everyday. I'm not suicidal, in the sense that I'm not planning to kill myself. 

I do go to therapy, but it doesn't work for me. 

The nurse thinks I'm Bipolar, but I don't know. 

I just want things to change, but the treatment seems to be going nowhere. 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.