Miserable After Flat Foot Reconstruction Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I am currently 10 days post OP from flatfoot reconstruction surgery w/tendon transfer. I have a soft cast on. My foot is constantly burning, tingling and throbbing. At night it's so bad that I cannot sleep. Elevating it seems to make it worse. I'm amazed at the lack of information provided by my surgeon regarding this prior to the surgery. Guys at this point I'm totally miserable and getting depressed from lack of sleep. Has anyone experienced any of these symptoms? What can I do to ease the "noise" in my cast???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hey

i can totally relate to how your feeling when i first came home from Ankle surgery i too had a constant burning and then tingling throbbing sensations for weeks , once my cast came off it started to ease . I think it got better due to being able to start simple exercises and not being as restricted in the cast . I seriously had no idea how life changing this has all been and how depressed it can make you feel . I found i needed to find something to really focus on as i couldnt walk . I started reading more books and even started mediation and just tried my very best to accept the discomfort on the bad days . im now 4 months on and still have very challenging days because my walking has not returned to normal however things are so much better than they were so my advice is to go with bad days and believe things will improve its a slow road to recovery for alot of us your not alone . Good Luck

• Posted

I had two ankle surgeries last year, ORIF, then reconstruction surgery which included dropping my arch down because I have high arches. with both surgeries I experienced a really bad burning sensation across the ball of my foot which one of my nurses told me was the nerves in my foot coming back to life. The only thing that helped when this happened was to hang my foot over the bed. Logically it makes no sense because they tell you to keep it elevated to combat the swelling, but it worked every time.

• Posted

Hello guys,

I'm on so much medication I forget what day it is. Dilaudid low dose for pain 3 times a day. Neurontin 300mg 3 times a day. Baclofen 3times a day, Lovenox shots on my belly each night. I regret doing this!!!! I tried going without meds one day and honestly set myself back 2 days painwise. (Bad Decision) BUT... I draw strength reading kind posts from others. Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.