Miserable Post Op.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had surgery last Thursday and I've been a mess since! In fact I've been a mess since this entire thing started in October...... Okay maybe almost depressed? Does it get better? I just want my stomach to feel normal again? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy:. I had my gallbladder removed in Feb of last year. Yes it does get better. The cramps and pains will subside and you will feel better and the food will also taste better. Give it sometime. But watch the acidy foods and the greasey and spicy foods for now. Take care.
    • Posted

Thank you! I truly hope so! I just had a baby and it's been really hard dealing with health issues since her birth. I pray daily that I get better ??

• Posted

Amy

and you will 100 per cent in no time at all you will be fine !!

just keep with a positive mental attitude it will make all the difference Amy it’s very important to believe in you and the power of your body and self healing ok , you are doing great , and your going to be fine , like brand new.

keep telling yr self that ,

‘hourly be fine and dandy like sugar candy in no time.

• Posted

Thank you so much! I suffer from health anxiety so it's made me have this fear that something is wrong after surgery even though nothing is. Also, the little pain and presssure I do have in my stomach just makes me scared! BUT I know I'm okay and will continue to get better.... I'm slowly falling into this depression state but fighting harder to walk against it! I can do this! Thank you so much for your kind words ??

• Posted

feeling sorry for you, i know the feeling, take it easy,no lifting or awkward movements,for get exercise ,drink lots water, i was told only to do deep breathing, never took any pain killers,   but take it easy, we have had major surgery,prodded and probed with instruments, will take time, rest. all best.
    • Posted

How long would you say it takes to feel better? I'm almost a week post op and the only thing bothering me is my stomach? Just when I am walking around. It's just a scary feeling for someone suffering with health anxiety..... I've been in and out of the hospital since October and I just want it over with. I'm sure my story is no different that anyone else's but for some reason I'm finding it hard to relate to anyone! Thank you for being so kind ??

• Posted

It will take time, just take it easy,drink lots water, but dont over do it,;;;
  • Posted

My stomach was very swollen for a good 4-6 weeks. Ate little and often and had short walks to disperse all the air in the stomach. Probably didn’t help that I tore my stitches 2 weeks after surgery then it got badly infected at week 3 and took til almost week 8 to resolve as it kept opening up with infection underneath. Promise it does get better! Just takes time for everything to settle as remember it is a major operation. Any questions just ask - no such thing as a silly question! 😘 xx

• Posted

Hi Amy I had my gall bladder removed on the 16th January and I’m totally with you. I was also first admitted to hospital on the 14th October and I’ve been in and out of hospital 5 - 6 tones finally getting a date for January. Since October I’v also been diagnosed with pancreatic as some of my gallstones moved and blocked my bile duct to the pancreas. I’v had nothing but problems since been diagnosed with gallstones.  So I thought once the gallbladder had gone all would be well, I think I was quite naive to be honest, a week and a bit on the pain has eased from operation but now I’v started been violently sick every two to three days and I’v also noticed my sink it’s also itchy, but it’s the sickness that is making me feel down as I thought I was starting to pick up then I was hit with this,

I’m not sure if this is normal and I also not sure how striked I should be with food, I was already on a bland diet pre operation and I’m just thinking should I be more careful and more bland (so to speak) does any of this ring bells to you. It’s starting to drive me insane to be honest since October. Clare x

• Posted

Wow Clare, I feel like we are the same person a little. I'm feeling a little better today and it doesn't seem to affect what I eat? I'm just in pain as far as stomach goes sad like I'm wondering if it wasn't the gallbladder causing me my pain in the first place almost? It's just depressing. My skin has been itchy a little bit since surgery and I have a phone appointment with my doctor tomorrow to see how she feels about that! I know it's not good. A stone could still be stuck :-( all I know is we have to be strong and get through this and we will! One day at a time and I would love to keep in contact with you..... 

???? 

• Posted

Yeah I seen your time scale was very similar to time which is what made me respond as I came on this website looking for help and information. My skin has also been itching a lot. I’v beem saying to my family all I want to do is itch. Was your key hole surgery? I had three stones stock post op and they went down my throat with camera and what is like a wire with a fishing net on the end, that was horrendous   Clare x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.