Miserable with allergies

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am absolutely miserable with allergies. The only symptoms I have are itchy and watery nose. On occasion my eyes will itch too. I have seen an allergist and went through an allergy test. The only thing I reacted to on the allergy test was molds. I told her I knew I was allergic to animal dander so she tested my blood for that and it came back negative. So she put me on all kinds of Medicine and then she gave up on me and told me I should see an ear nose and throat doctor. So I've seen one and he wants to have an allergy test done which I want to also but they are so booked up that I can't get in until March. In the meantime I take an over-the-counter allergy pill I also take a prescription called montelukast (sp) and a prescription nasal spray for allergies. Even with all of this my itchy nose is driving me crazy. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I too have same issue since last 15+ years. Tried with all types of antistemines. As soon asi stop it symptoms reoccur next day. Now a days I stopped taking medicine instead I take ginger, turmeric powder added with hot milk. I am trying to find out a homeopathy expert. Lets be optimistic that we find some solution to this problem.
    • Posted

I can't take turmeric because it upsets my stomach. But I might try the milk and Ginger. I have a ginger root in my freezer that all I have to do is grate some into my cup of warm milk. I'm kind of curious as to how that's going to taste.

• Posted

Have you looked at your washing powder etc?  I had weepy eyes years ago, which then progressed to itching everywhere.  When I mentioned my eyes to my Optometrist, he suggested that the ingredients of my washing liquid [ I used P&G's Bold liquid at the time] had changed.  I contacted P&G & sure enough, they had changed the ingredients.

I eventually discovered that I am allergic to formaldehyde & formaldehyde releasers & a few other chemicals.

You say you are allergic to mould, perhaps you should look at the anti fungals in your products, there could be one that is upsetting your status quo.

Things improved for me once I knew what was causing the trouble, however, I did have to use steroids to stop the itching initially.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.