miso soup ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

has anyone found miso soup good to ease their GERD ?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

WHat is this soup and what's in it also soup can corse reflux to much liquid 

• Posted

I have found that having a greens and fruit smoothie for dinner helps a lot. I try and eat an earlier dinner too. (If I need something crunchy I eat popcorn.) I usually put spinach, kale, swiss chard, carrots, banana and an apple along with some kind of protein powder in it my smoothie.  If I have a flare up and my throat is sore then having a smoothie helps my throat by the next morning. Drinking ... helps a lot as well as drinking Throat Coat herbal tea a few times a day during a flare up. I've not ever tried miso soup but I don't see why it wouldn't be helpful. 

[b]Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to its medically unsubstantiated claims. We do not support these types of claims and we recommend seeking advice from a health professional[b]

• Posted

Hi DTSFA this is Leslie no I never try miso soup for gerds but I will try anything at this stage in the the game so get back to me DTSFA and tell me how it went talk to you soon Leslie
  • Posted

Hi DTSFA did not try the soup yet have you? Today was not a very good day for me I had nothing but yourgrut and ensure drinks might try a little something more latter a year ago I had nissen fundoplication warp for I had gerds really bad I was fine for about six months then slowly my symptoms was returning and by this April it felt like I had not had fundoplication surgery at all I could not get a oppointment with the doctor who did my fundoplication surgery so my ear nose and thorat doctor send me to a new chest doctor which I like very much he sent me for some test and when they  came back it showed the warp was very very tight and had slip and it give me a new hernia as well so I am going back to surgery on October 11 2017 to have a redo nissen fundoplication surgery my doctor is going to take down the warp make a new warp repair the new hernia that I have clean up scar tissues and he is going to put in a feeding tube which he is going to remove in three days plus he is going to put in mesh and I going to be in the hospital for a week then I going to be on liquid diet for a while slowly working up to solid foods once again but that soup still sound good I will have to try it some time so take care and I hope we can talk soon very truly yours Leslie
  • Posted

hi all

miso soup is a traditional Japanese soup, excellent for restoring gut health

can get miso paste from that well known supplier on net, 

go for organic

just mix a tsp in with any soup, or make a hot broth in cup (not boiling water)

the paste provides beneficial probiotics, helps improve digestion, has positive effects on blood pressure 

I believe one of the keys to resolving reflux is restoring gut health, repair the esophageal sphincter, gut lining

my key actions are :

1.miso soup/broth

2.alkaline foods (this is huge too, is really helping, look up metabolic acidosis)

3.reduce dairy (this is hard for me, as I have been huge taste for dairy. But for me is helping. I think it is because most dairy is acid forming. Plus I have suspected gallbladder issue and need to reduce saturated fats)

4.plenty of avocado (the king of fruits. Power house of nutrition)

5.cut out tea (caffeine is huge irritant for the gut. Is hard too, I love tea)

6.Manuka honey (is great healer of the stomach, esophagus. Also kills Helicobacter Pylori)

since bringing all this together, I feel I am slowly turning the corner with this horrible GERD

for me, poor lifestyle, stress, and too acidic foods caused me to keel over with GERD (and possible gallbladder issue)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.