Miss

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went for a LWCRA assessment for Universal Credit yesterday & I am wondering if anybody knows how long it will take to receive the decision. Is is similar to the time after an assessment for ESA?

i was moved over to Universal Credit last October after failing to qualify for ESA after my assessment.

Any advise would be appreciated x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim,

The process for this is exactly the same as ESA, there's no timescales to the decisions unfortunately. You can ask for a copy of the assessment report too, just as you could with the ESA assessment. The only difference between this is there's no premiums paid on Universal Credit.

If you are found fit for work then the process is exactly the same as ESA. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

Thank you for your reply. I don’t know if you remember but you gave me advice last year when I had my assessment for ESA. I failed that assessment & did the MR but that was also declined. When I got the ESA result by phone they told me to apply for Universal Credit. The assessor yesterday was much more understanding of my condition & although I took lots of evidence with me which she looked at,  she had a lot of evidence from my GP & also commented on an operation that I had in 2009, which was included in the evidence supplied by my doctor, so I am a little more hopeful this time. I will let you know when I get the result.

• Posted

Hi Kim,

You're welcome.

I think i remember yes but i advise lots of people here and do get confused at times lol

Can i just ask why you didn't take that ESA to Tribunal? It's always worth doing this because only 20% of MR's are successful, so the chances are always very slim.

Did you take a look at the descriptors for LCWRA (Support Group)? you have to satisfy at least one of those descriptors or the special regulation one (which i'm not sure which it is for UC) it's reg 35 for ESA but it's the same thing. If you're only found to have LCW (WRAG) then your money will stay as it is now, there's no higher amount because rules changed after April 2017 for new claimants.

Fingers crossed for you Kim that the assessor remains truthful in the report. Good luck. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.