Miss

Posted , 6 users are following.

I think I sprained my ankle 3weeks ago. But, the pain is getting worse, excruciating. I can't hardly weight bare & it is making my ankle twist inwards. I've tried rice therapy & ankle support stocking. I don't know what to do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Kierston, you need to see an orthopedic doctor, if you broke it you want it in a boot or cast. I broke mine and it is going to take time to heal for sure. Please don’t take chances o.k. ?
  • Posted

Check with orthopedic and check the grade level . You ll be able to walk soon in Few months . Sprained ankle generally takes time to heal . It will take 3 month but for sure you ll be alright so don't worry . Few month ago my both ankle got sprained one by one .now both ankel are fine. But yes it took lot of time to heal . Don't walk on sprained ankle as of now take help of annkle binder . Icing ll help in reducing swelling .

• Posted

This happened to my granddaughter. Coach kept on saying a bad sprain. Finally took her to an orthopedic dr. She broke off a little piece of her tibia. She now has a screw and cast. Walking boot after she gets the cast off Thursday. Have it checked.
  • Posted

Kiersten,

Yes, you sprained your ankle for sure. Since the pain wasn't alleviated by standard sprain first aid treatment that you mentioned that you performed, it is an indication that there may something more serious here, namely, an ankle fracture(s).

So to play it safe and go to your doctor, explain symptoms, and have a set of x-rays taken to rule out bone breakage.

You're playing with fire attempting to bear it (literally and figuratively) and still carry on with your daily activities. At least wear a walking boot (air boot, CAM boot) now-- more prudently, don't attempt to weight bear on that ankle at all until doctor gives you further instructions.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.