miss

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello .I applied for PIP in february after living on the low rate of esa for five years and having to send in sick notes for years. Finally i went for a medical for the limited capabillity for work assesment and was awarded the high rate of esa. Does anyone know if I have to go for another medical for Pip I have copd emphysemia .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ESA n PIP are 2 seoerate benefits so u will need to claim PIP as a seperate one.I Dont know if u will need to go for another medical but i claim ESA n PIP n had to have 2 seperate medicals.Good luck xx

• Posted

You have one for esa then one for pip as the have different standings. One, what you can do, one, how it effects you

• Posted

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES . ANOTHER THING I WAS WONDERING IS WILL I GET BACKDATED PIP IF I AM AWARDED IT , THAT WORD MAKES ME LAGH IMEAN ITS LIKE IM BEING GIVEN SOMETHING AS A PRIZE IF I HAD KNOW I COULD APPLY FOR PIP BACK IN215 WHEN I WAS DIAGNOZED WITH COPD I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO STRUGGLE SO MUCH ON TH PALTRY UC , HOW FAR BACK ARE THEY ALLOWED TO BACK DATE PAYMENTS ?

• Posted

Please could you turn off caps because it's classed as shouting an is very difficult to read.

If your PIP claim is successful and you're not transferring from DLA then it's backdated to the date you rang to start your claim.

Also be aware that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. Evidence will be needed to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.