Miss

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, I'm a 25 year old female. My patient history is nothing extensive other than i had a very bad experience with food poisoning over a year ago that really messed me up. I spiralled into other issues such as anal fissures, hemorrhoids and the inability to complete bowel movements. Since then, things have improved in that i am able to pass stool pretty regularly however it is slightly soft and loose at times and not a fully formed stool. Around the time of having food poisoning i also had gastritis from the medicine i was on so i took PPIs to help on a short term basis. I haven't had issues with that since. Now to get to the real issue which started yesterday morning. when i went to the toilet i was shocked by the clay/tan colouring of my stool. It was half normal coloured and half light brown. I googled it and was alarmed that this is not a good sign, it could mean pancreatic issues and liver problems or a blocked bile duct, i believe. Today my stool was all the same tan colour. i have no other symptoms except soft stool. no pain, no jaundice. should i be worried?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

it could most definitely be your gallbladder. are you having any pain? how does your urine look?

• Posted

I'm not in any pain. my urine is light or normal. also no foul smelling stool.

• Posted

thats good. i had the same thing happen to me before but i had also had pain under ribs on the right side and they said i had gb sludge. For me, it has come and gone over the past 3 years. i am having it removed next month bc the pain has become more constant.The pain didn't always happen at the same time as the light colored stools. If your urine looks fine and you aren't having pain and you aren't yellow then it most likely wont be anything serious. I would just let the doctor know in case they want to do an ultrasound. there is specific blood work they can order to check your liver and pancreas function also. that would ease your mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.