Miss

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all my name is Tracey.. I'm going through really bad anxiety at the moment just don't feel myself I'm taking kalms herbal tabs ..not sure if they are working..I have been on cit before 2014 for depression and going through the menopause...just need a bit of friendly advice feel so lonely.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracey

Sorry you are feeling so low. I would certainly try citalopram again if it worked for you before. It's not an easy ride for the first few weeks but it does give you hope that things will get better. I'm on week 4 of an increased dosage and having relief for at least a few hours each day now. longing for this to become permanent but little glimpses of normality are reassuring. I'm afraid this horrid illness does take time to overcome. I've been beating myself up about taking time off work but then I just realised that actually I'm the most important factor and need to recover. You must do the same. Do whatever you need to recover. Read Katecogs on here. She is amazing. Her article on sensitized nerves completely changed my attitude and I stopped feeling like a freak. Big hugs to you. Hang on in there! x

• Posted

hi tracey sorry youre havinh a hard time. i too have been having a lot of anxiety over the last few months and am now back on citalopram. i think it is very slowly working but i am still getting anxious and have this really annoying shortness of breath that is making me even more anxious. we are all with you and understand what you are going through x

• Posted

Going on citalopram for 2 years now, my life was horrible fo the last 3 years. Im currently taking 40mg, just got increased over a month ago. I have been doing better. Im not gonna lie, it takes a long f*****g time to feel better. There is no quick fix, it takes time to get your life back. My life still isn't the same, nor will it ever be the same. But I will tell you this, just keep fighting!

• Posted

Hi to you all..thank you so much for your kind words...I'm going to try and get into the doctors tomorrow..I'm also being monitored for my blood pressure too..as it's been quite high..so I'm worried about that too I'm 55 years of age Im a full time carer for my brother who lives with me ..he has special needs so depends on me..I have a wonderful daughter and a beautiful 2 year old grandson..so why am i feeling like this ..I feel so rubbish today.

• Posted

If citaloprim worked for you before then it should help again via your doctor of course.

It will take time to work so please be very patient,

ONE very important thing I have finally learnt is that most of our anxieties are of course brought on by STRESS a demon of modern day life. I can only say that what has finally helped me more than the medication (although this certainly has its place for us), it is really important & ESSENTIAL to have ONE day a week to truly RELAX, chill out,

do NOTHING, i.e. read books, maybe just watch some dvds this truly helps to 're-balance' ourselves & can thus often avoid / reduce our path to depression.

PLEASE TRY IT!!! but medication can help us in the interim. (its a sticking plaster)

Good luck

• Posted

Hi all again ..sorry I've been a little quiet..haven't felt the best tbh...I went to the doctors friday..he has put me back on 10mg cit..but I still haven't taken any I'm so scared of the side affects..plus I have my grandson every Tues and we'd and I'm feel awful today...I just want to feel like me again please tell me I'm going to be ok..thank you all so much and I know you are all going through a tough time too 😪

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.