Missed 1 dose of 45mg mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, so I've been on mirtazapine for nearly a year and have worked my way up to 45mg I missed my first dose ever a few nights ago, I got it out to take then got side tracked by my kids and thought I'd taken it, wasn't till the next morning I realised I hadn't, I took my next dose at normal time the next night and woke up really tired and stayed that way all day, the same thing has happened today, just seeing if anyone knows how long it will last, I never normally have fatigue the next day when taking it, I've also been a lot more anxious but I expect that as I am on it for anxiety, it was the fatigue I hadn't expected, just want  to go back to feeling normal, thank you!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I know I'm late replying so not much assurance, but I do think the missing the one night would cause fatigue.  Hope you are OK now.

Also, if you have managed to get back on to this site, bear in mind that the site is having difficulties, I've had to report it because I can only get in through the back door, so to speak.

Wishing you well.

• Posted

Hi I have been on 45mg just over a year and started on the 30mg in 2013, I forgot to go to chemist Friday and still awake now, it’s not been done by GP though I did put my repeat request in on time, in the surgery my name was called just before putting date on & putting into box. The nurse who I had my appointment with said don’t worry I can put that in box after the appt, but it’s got forgotten or lost, I have been really anxious all weekend & need to go back, and they want 48 hrs notice (can’t do it over phone as mirtazapine users probably aware) I think it’s normal to feel anxiety after missed dose, especially after several missed doses. The lack of sleep and hyper-vigilance is going to be awkward, black bags under my eyes, being wired etc, I am kind of dreading the trip looking as if I have spent my weekend partying-or worse-on drugs. Never used recreational drugs & my weekend has been spent watching films/soaps & housework & drinking orange squash/tea. The small town I live in, people have thought I was on drugs at times, but maybe from anxiety or shyness. Or being talkative, or over explaining, or living alone & not having regular interactions with others. I know what you mean about getting back to feeling normal! Thx for sharing & hopefully that reply helped, if nothing more than to say others feel same smile

• Posted

Thank you both so much for replying, I really appreciate it. it has now been over a week since my missed dose and I've been taking my doses same time every night and my anxiety is better but my eyes are still very sore and feel like they need to be closed just for some relief although I can't sleep longer than  8 or so hours, I thought this would have sorted itself out as I've been on 45mg for a few months and no problems, and I'm getting nervous as I'm in the middle of my aged care course and not sure how I am going to be able to get through it, my body feels good anxiety quiet low considering and I have the energy to take the kids to the park and go for walks, just this eye problem isn't getting better I've tried drops and panadol but that doesn't seem to work, I'm scared to lower my dose as I've tried that in the past and anxiety comes right back! I don't know if it's fatiuge or dry eyes or both and I feel like I'm annoying the hell out of my gp so came on here hoping to here it will go away soon and is normal!! I Hope you get your medication soon, i have been the same, at home taking it easy but look like I've been up for days 😔

• Posted

Nic hi, that tired, watery and heavy eye sensation you have there is a side effect of Mirt', it might come and go, try not to worry about it as long as you are sleeping.  I think 8 hours sleep is good, I would tell yourself its all you need and this will help.

If you have tried to lower the dose and anxiety came back could it be because you lowered too quickly?  Did you read that lowering by no more than 10% per month will be beneficial to avoid WD effects?  So its slow but it works.  Anyways ... I see you are in the middle of some stress with the course you are doing so maybe take extra care with that anxiety and don't make changes with meds, for now ??  

Best wishes

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, eyes are a little better today thank god so hoping they keep improving, yes I've read all about the side affects of cutting down my gp wanted me to do 30 one night 45 the next and alternate like that but I've told him I'll try again after my course, if my eyes get better I'm happy to stay on the 45mg I had no idea of all the side affects of coming off or lowering the dose until I saw this forum so happy to stick with it especially while doing my course! Thanks again for your reply it's much appreciated 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.