Missed 2-3 weeks of 100mg Zoloft. HELP!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone...

I missed 2-3 weeks of my 100mg dose of Zoloft. I take it nightly. I fell back into a depression, and stopped taking it entirely. I am WELL aware of how dumb this is. I don't need to be scolded. I know. 

My question is, in order to get back on it, should take it slow ( ie 50mg for a week, 75mg for another, etc. ) [ and what/how long of dosages should I follow ] or jump back into it at 100mg?

Thank you X

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The only person who could answer you properly would be a medically trained person, ie a dr.

It could be dangerous asking a load of random people

• Posted

I agree completely with Vickylou. You should see your doctor and ask him what you should do now. As well meaning as anyone might be, only a doctor should be advising you. Please make an appointment and get the help and information you need. Good luck.
  • Posted

I agree with the others - your doctor is the best person to ask.

I don't know how long it will take you to get an appointment. Here in the UK it can sometimes take two or three weeks to get a GP appointment. In that instance, personally, I would start back on a low dose until I can talk to my doctor. At least then I would be getting some back in my system.

But please speak to your doctor.

• Posted

I must be very lucky with my drs as I always get in the same day. However my daughter had to wait 4 weeks.

I used to work as a medical receptionist and if you couldn’t get an actual appointment, you can always get a telephone consultation 

• Posted

Hi if you are in the UK you could always ask your pharmacist as they are the experts in drugs.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.