Missed 20mg amitriptyline dose for 2 days then had side effects after I started taking it again?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

I've been on amitriptyline for 2 years for a combination of IBS and fibromyalgia.

I stopped amitriptyline for 2 days. (Friday: day 1 I didn't take it due to talking all night to a distressed friend, the next night Saturday I was so tired I fell asleep before taking it.) Sunday I had some anxiety, a little nausea but nothing major, that night I returned to taking 20mg as usual.

Yesterday (Monday) I had some light nausea, some anxiety and irritability,

however come the night time I went to the toilet, had a bowel movement and about an hour later had this intense stabbing pain in my lower back, the pain was so bad and it actually led to me having another bowel movement and a panic attack due to the pain.

My Husband started looking through various forums and posts and thought it might be due to withdrawal symptoms from the 2 nights of not taking it, and this does make sense in one way, but then doesn't make sense in the fact that I got these symptoms after I started taking the amitriptyline again?

please any help/messages would be really helpful, as I'm not coping with my anxiety right now. 😟

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.