Missed a few pills started taking brown discharge now help please!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I need some advice please do I missed 3 pills on week one started taking it again three days later then on the fourth day I had a bit of discharge very dark for 2 days and then it's stopped for one day and then started again for about a few hours it's dark brown discharge that then stopped and now the day after today I have cramping pains and it hurts to tpuch well put pressure on my lower stomach. Just to add I am sexually active and did have sex when I had missed them. If anyone could help me that would be great. Thank

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The brown discharge is old blood that your body is getting rid of. When you miss pills, you trigger a period generally, if you are off them for a couple of days. If you had sex, you could get pregnant, just a warning. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your comment I am just wondering if I could be pregnant would it show on a test yet ? And would I get that discharge over 2 days on and off ?
    • Posted

The discharge can last for up to a week, similar to a normal period. In some people, they get a few drops once or twice. In other people, they get it for a week, or even 14 days before their period re-regulates itself. The best way to ensure that you receive an accurate pregnancy test is to wait until your first missed period (if you miss) and then wait the 7 days that your period could occur during, and then test the day after your period would normally end. If you don't get a period, you could be pregnant,  but not necessarily, your body could still be re-regulating itself getting used to the birth control again OR you could be missing your period because of stress. If you are concerned, you can always consult your doctor. 
    • Posted

Thanks i have just called the doctor and booked in for appointment on Monday so hopefully will be all fine.
    • Posted

Hi Im Destiny I'm 15 , I had to start taking birth control because of the pain from my cycle , I was to stubborn to take it . Now I've gotten over it and started taking it over a week ago , which means I'm now on week two, I just forgot to take it because of the hours I decided to which was 11:00 pm. It's now Saturday and I stopped taking it Monday , yesterday I noticed my stomach was feeling weird kind of like I was starting my period , i took notice into that as well because just last week my period ended a week from now . I notice some thick brown discharge , which was blood When I went to use the bathroom. ever since then the pain has gotten worse and it feels like I'm on my period I have really really bad cramps I can't fall asleep now and it's almost 5:00 IN THE MORNING! , I still plan on taking the pills but how do I make up for those four pills ? Should I start another pack?

• Posted

Hi i also experienced that now. I took the first 7th day of my pill and on the 8th i missed one pill and i take only 1 pill on my 9th and have sex with my partner and havent take the rest of my pill and now i have a brown thick discharge i dont know if this is what they called implantation bleeding please help if someone knows that i coild get pregnant thanks sp much
  • Posted

Did you end up pregnant? I’m having very similar symptoms. And the same situation with pills and being active

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.