Missed beats could they be something else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anybody else suffers from what feel like missed heartbeats could it be air moving around near the ribcage/ throat but due to anxiety anything in that area automatically feels like the heart ive had lots of tests all ok found sinis tachycardia on 1 of the monitors but thats all could air bubbles pop as such or is this just silly especially as not always are these sens followed by burping. I feel a lil rush of adrenaline when it happens is this just panic thinking its the heart

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have had that sensation from anxiety. I sometimes get gassy after attacks too. Ill burp or out the other end. It's s very in comfortable feeling.

• Posted

I get this too. I'm not sure if I actually am having my heart skip or if it is gas coming up or esophagus spasms. I also have Barrett's esophagus which can cause me issues. But I have had severe anxiety my whole life. If you've had a lot of tests you're likely worrying for nothing which is also normal for me. We just pay a lot of attention to our bodies so anything new can be worrying. That's how it is for me too.

• Posted

It usually passes within a few seconds but makes me feel horrid for like a second sometimes my heart goes super fast after it but not sure if thats adrenaline because i think its my heart so strange i cant even describe where it comes from in my body. Sometimes if i eat too much i really notice a really fast heart beat maybe im just to sensitive to it
  • Posted

It's normal it happens to me all the time. I got all the heart tests done cause I was scared but everything came back normal. Dr said that it happens to everyone. Your heart doesn't have a timer and has skipped beats sometimes. He said most people don't notice it but people with anxiety are so worried about their health and everything with their body that they just notice it more. It happens to me someone's a couple times a day. The sr said as long as no chest pains or shortness of breath with it then it is normal

• Posted

No it doesn't hurt at all sometimes i get the feeling of like air hunger when i can't get enough breath in but think that builds from feeling anxious and tense like i know im breathing or else i wouldnt be walking around and talking etc

• Posted

Skipped heart beats are very common with anxiety. All your test came out OK so that's good.   They are not harmful I have had them a lot. I think if you were able to manage the anxiety you wouldn't get so many of those. Try meditations found on YouTube for anxiety or mindfulness. They are very helpful and completely calm me down .  Also try slow deep breathing making sure your stomach rises when you inhale and blowout slowly through your mouth as though you're blowing out a candle. Do this several times or as often as needed. The key is to calm down the brain because this is where the anxiety originates.

• Posted

Have you had a holster monitor done? I have anxiety and use to get palpitations which I was told was due to anxiety however it would happen when I wasn't anxious and just watching a movie or relaxing. Finally a doctor did a holter monitor and found that I have paroxysmal atrial fibrillation which basically means sometimes my heart is in sinus rhythm and sometimes it's irregular. My cardiologist then did other tests on my heart to make sure it's ok and it is. He said it happens to some people and can be a phase that you grow out of. I think maybe the anxiety made it worse because now that I've got that more under control I don't notice the palpitations as much.

• Posted

Ive had a 24hr twice, 2 7 day monitors and a month long monitor although the month 1 didnt really work as they told me it hadn't picked anything up out of all that 1 recorded sinus tachycardia thats all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.