Missed dose of sertraline, will I be ok??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi people,

I've been on 50mg of sertraline for 13 months, recently trying to cut down really slowly , by nipping the end of the tablet off and consuming the rest.

Today I forgot my dose, will I be ok, or am I going to get a blip now??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I'm sure you will be fine. When I was on citalopram before, I was always missing doses and it made no difference. When I came off it completely by taking it every other day and then every three days and so on, after then I had a bit of a dizzy head but that was all.  

I sm on cit again now and have no intention of coming off!  

It sounds as though you are loads better which is great news xx

• Posted

Thank u for your reply Hun,

I am loads better , apart from being fat now 😞, but I prefer that than being ill.

Last time I missed a dose , it was a year ago and I had a blip for about a week! So that's why I'm worried . I'll see how it goes, and let you know. Why you back on cit?? Did you relapse soon after coming off??

• Posted

You're welcome, it will be fine!

Ive lost loads of weight not being able to eat although getting better at eating now.  I'd rather be fat and happy than feel like crap lol.

long story but had a health scare and even though it was ok, I couldn't stop feeling panicky and anxious to the point I was in constant panic and pacing the house. Started to feel better once back on the cit at the end of November and the last week, because I've been having issues with chest pain and shortness of breath, a rather abrupt doctor told me I had emphysema. That sent me back into being anxious and nervy again. Got to have a test tomorrow for that. She's given me inhalers to take which she told me would make me more anxious, great, but they do not appear to do anything. I'm sure it's all anxiety.  Not a pleasant experience. X

• Posted

Gosh I know the feelings you are having, it's horrible, I'm sure it's anxiety too. You can get through this I'm sure and be back to "normal" again.

Always here if you need a chat Hun. Xx

I'll take my meds today lol.

• Posted

Good morning Latifa, Im Nadia, Inshallah you're feeling better. Please contact your GP to let him know what you're doing incase you relapse again. I've been on a few and now I've fought myself down to a very small dosage of Escitalopram...

3debbie17569. In literally the same boat...same symptoms, asthmatic and don't know if its asthma or anxiety... but we get through it right??? Here for you ladies! Nuff love... xxx

• Posted

Hi Aymaani. It's crap isn't it! I've had a lung function test today and passed with no issues, thank god. Still got chest pain and shortness of breath, sort of comes and goes but as I've had most tests now, it must be anxiety, it's just hard accepting it and not googling every damn symptom!!! Must stop doing that !! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.