Missed doses of Mirtazepine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I wasn’t sure whether Mirtazepine was the medication for me and I missed 3-4 doses last week. Then I realised that it definitely it was helping with my depression because my mood got worse. I restarted meds again but I am still not feeling right. Will it take longer to feel better again?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it can take a few days to get back to feeling better. I did the same thing awhile back and it took two weeks for things to improve. So hang on in there it does improve. It's just your brain chemistry getting a shock of not having any medication and dealing with it quickly.

• Posted

I think when we feel depressed we want a quick fix.... it’s my second episode of depression in my life and I am trying to do everything to get better sooner. Well, I won’t do that again... I have an app on my phone where I rate my mood daily and just a week and half ago I rated my mood as 7 (scale 0-10). The past few days has been 2... so better don’t mess about! Patience is the answer.
  • Posted

Hello good evening I have been on Mirtazepine for several years now and it has changed my life. I have on the occasion forgot to take it . And once went 2 days without. I can say I felt my body was craving for the meds as I felt out of it. Don't worry if you miss the odd one it can take a few weeks to a month for the meds to start working. I sleep better and function really well. A lot of my friends say I'm a new person. So my advice keep at it things do get better.

• Posted

Hi Ros, what dose are you taking if you don’t mind me asking? Have you gained weight or it stabilise if you take it for longer? I have been on it for 6 weeks and things started to improve but then had a few worse days and thought it’s not working so missed a few doses to see how am I without and it was a bad decision. I am paying for it now... low mood started creeping in. I hope I pick up soon.
    • Posted

Hello Ala I have been on 45mg for over a year now. I've never had weight gain I have remained slim I do eat a healthy diet also I did miss them taken them once on holiday after 2 days I felt ill but took my doze by the end of the day I was more my self again. Mirtazepine does not work for everyone but it dies for me as I had been in and out of hospital while I was on another antidepressant .

• Posted

Ps excuse my mistake in reply to you I have been on Mirtazepine for a few years now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.