Missed one dose yesterday and day before, DIZZY???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all, I knew to this bored and looking for some help! I have been on gabapentin for one month at 300 mg twice a day for nerve pain. I missed one of my doses yesterday and also one does the day before. To clarify I took only one dose The last two days, instead of my normal two, today I am very dizzy and nauseous … Do you think it could be from that? I have other health issues and I'm concerned that there may be something else going on or is it just the gabapentin…? Has anyone had a reoccurrence of dizziness after missing a dose? Thank you so much for any help !!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You seem to be having withdrawal symptoms. I had the same happen to me when I missed one dose. I was like a heroin addict and my list of symptoms or terrible I actually thought it was dying. You must take gabapentin at the same time every day you cannot skip a dose. This will pass that's the good news it may take a week or two though. Hate to be the bearer of bad news. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Bridget.Yes that is probably what's happening.You wouldn't think missing a dose here and there would be that bad but it be the cause .See if you get back to "normal" once you are on your normal dose schedule.That will give you a better idea.Hope it goes well Prayers for ya! God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.