Missed Period

Posted , 2 users are following.

Info about me:

I am 30, married for 2 years. I had my first period at 12 and they were typically very heavy and painful. The same year I was put on birth control and it helped with the cramps, but my periods were still heavy until later in my 20's. Last pap was last year and everything was normal.

I have never missed a period until now. I should have started at the beginning of last week or the end of the week before that. Pregnancy tests are negative. What should the next step be? should I go to the doctor or do I need to wait a little bit longer? What are the possibilities?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

also, last Monday I had a bit of bloody discharge. I had a little bit last Friday too, I'm still cramping like I would if I were on my period.

• Posted

sorry for jumping on ur post was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar, I had a mirena coil removed on the 9th of may and had a period from the 12th of may for 12 days. we have 2 kids already and are hopen for number 3. I havnt had any bleed since the 24th of may. due to bleeding for 12 days ovulation is unknown and I currently feel early signs of pregnancy. I have tested a few times but all are negative. possible dates of conception would be 2nd, 6th and 8th of June when should I test so I can rely on the result?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.