Missed period (weird).

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I'm probably overreacting/overthinking like I usually do... but I'm a little nervous because this hasn't ever happened before. I've had my period for about 6 years now, and I've never missed until now... Today is April 4th, and the first day of my last period was February 19th (so my cycle is 45 days so far.) My head is telling me something is wrong with me but I'm not having any symptoms so I'm not sure what's wrong. Like I said, of the 6 years I've had my period I have never missed once. Does anyone know what could cause this? Or have any tips on how I can get it to come back? Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

is there any way you could be pregnant?

• Posted

have you been through a stressful time recently? stress can be a major factor for skipped periods. But if you have only had your periods for 6 years, your hormones can change a bit as you get older. If your periods start to become really irregular for a prolonged time, then ask your doctor to get a blood test to check your hormones to see if there is an imbalance. But try not to worry about one skipped period, worrying can affect your cycle. If you don't already, keep a period diary and then you can notice if there is a problem in the future or if it was just a little blip.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, a couple weeks ago I was pretty stressed over school. I was thinking that was the reason but I'm a huge overthinker and get worried about event the little things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.