Missed PIP appointment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an assesment due and the letter came while i was away and the date has passed. I was out of the country visiting my sick mom. I am gutted and dont know what to do

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You need to contact DWP first thing tomorrow morning, they open at 8. If it's either a PIP review or transfer from DLA then your money will most likely stop because you didn't attend the assessment.

If it's a first claim then it's likely you'll be refused for not attending.

How long were you out of the country for? and do you claim any other benefits?

• Posted

hi Denise

it was a PIP renewal after my award was running out. I also claim ESA. i was out of the country for one month

• Posted

Thankfully it wasn't longer than 1 month, otherwise your ESA would have been affected. Ring them once they open this morning, but expect your PIP to have stopped. Whether they'll reinstate it, i have no idea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.