Missed quite a few Levothyroxine doses...

Posted , 8 users are following.

I haven’t taken my levo the way I should for quite some time. I’ll take it the way I should for a week or two then start missing doses. The past month I missed more than I thought. I was due for a refill and had over 1/2 of the bottle left. I missed a whole week and days here and there. Last Thursday, I started the loopy headedness, brain fog, dizziness. It has made my anxiety worse. I have anxiety/panic disorders, btw.

I just thought, oh well, I’ll take it tomorrow... and so on. Now, I’m a mess. I’m torn between is this anxiety or hypothyroidism? I do recall feeling similar when I was diagnosed.

Today is day 5 of taking it the way I should. Thyroid is definitely not something to mess with.

How long do you think it’ll take me to feel normal again?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you felt alright when you were taking it before then another couple of weeks. Can you get tested to see where you’re at?
    • Posted

I saw the dr last week. She wanted to check but, I explained how I’d not been taking them properly. She told me to come back in 6 weeks to get it in my system. I didn’t talk about my symptoms because it was that night that they started. Thinking I need to go back.
  • Posted

Hi Jessica, here’s the thing, if you’re forgetting to take it THAT much, you were already loopy before you realized it. So its likely either the dose is wrong or it isn’t working properly for you.

Keep in mind for the future that when you’re forgetting to take it repeatedly, you're having  brainfog. Have you been having other symptoms? Something to consider.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. I guess I didn’t realize how important it was. I’d remember later in the day and just think, oh well, I’ll just take it tomorrow. Stupid, I know. 

Now, I’m feeling terrible and just want to get back to good.

I’m not really sure about any other symptoms. I have been wanting and needing a nap during the day. Been tired more. Changes in pms. Not sure if that is something. I had depression and anxiety before my period.

• Posted

I would recommend you get a daily pill organizer and put it with your toothbrush. That way when you brush your teeth, you can take your medication too. You will know if you’ve taken it that day by seeing that the compartment for that day is empty. That’s the only way I can ensure I properly take my meds. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.