Missed tablet for a few hours, caused anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! Ive been on sertraline for 10 month, started at 50, 6 month ago became 100 however if i miss a dose by a few hours i get really bad anxiety, doctor said if this carries on may need dose upping to 150, has anyone else experienced this, does upping the dose help, im only 20 so really wanting to get off anti depressants

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, I used to get this on Venlaflaxine - if I took it even an hour late it was horrible - shaky, dizzy, visual disturbance! 

I'm sorry you're having a bad time with Sertraline, it could be the same sort of "half life" antidepressant as the one I was on. You really need to take it on time, as your seratonin will drop suddenly if you don't! I'm not sure just upping your dose is what you need though? If you have difficulty taking it on time (understandable - none of us really want to be on it) maybe you could try a different medication. 

The one I'm on is called Duloxetine. The best thing is that it also treats anxiety symptoms. You could mention it to your doc as a possibilty? It certainly helped in my case.

All the best angel, keep going!! xx

• Posted

Katy

I need to take a real handful of medications that include AD Medications, also Opiates. They need to be taken at various times of day, If I miss my night time medications within three hours I begin to suffer withdrawal, I need to get up and take these medications to get back to sleep and control the withdrawal. These medications have to be taken at that time if not I am one bear with a sore head next day.

My morning medications control pain and one drug is an AD medication. If I forget my medications withdrawal kicks in by around ten in the morning it causes me some rather nasty side effects until I take my medications.

If you are getting used to a medication and they are working generally quite well they may increase the dose to maintain the desired affect.

You are very young and sometimes GPs can balk at an increase, however it would seem they are convinced an increase will help.

Always try and take your medications at the time advised, if you miss a dose, take into consideration theĀ  time of day, then the time lapsed since forgetting your dose, in my case if I miss my morning medications I will need to take them as quickly as I can in that morning, the same with evening dose.

BOB

• Posted

Hi I upped mine from 100 to 150 and it made a world of difference.  Don't even think about coming off your ad's until you have felt better for at least 6 months otherwise you risk it coming  back.  x

• Posted

I am also on sertraline I started out with 50 mg I am to 200MG a day. I take 100mg in the morning and 100 mg at night. It really helped me with my OCD> however I was still experiencing with anxiety so the dr placed me on Buspirone which cut down on my anxiety. You have to take the medication at the same time or near the same time every day for better results. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.