Missing a day on Citalapram

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im due to fly to the States and will be on week 9 of Citalapram...on my journey home as I'm five hours behind I'm wondering what to do...I usually take it around 7-9 am ( 8.30 arrival UK) but need to sleep 11-3 as I'm in work that evening...when I took it late afternoon once I was awake alright....I do suffer with insomnia anyway...will I be OK to miss a dose and continue as normal the following morning you think?!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Oooh can't quite follow those times :-)

I'm going to the States in January and hadn't thought of this.

I usually take my meds in the morning around 9am but when away if I take it at midnight over there as that'll be 8am here, and then when I'm back can go back to 8am so no time lost.

It's not ideal to miss a dose, but shouldn't though you may feel slightly sick for a day.  Just take it as soon as you can.

• Posted

I am concerned (when I say I, I do mean we!) that you may not have prepared enough for this trip! Have you made a list? Perhaps start with how you may expect (by what means) to leave the country and how you may be allowed to enter another (passport). Where are you staying when you get there? Do you have money (apparantly they have given up the Queen's shillings!) for the trip?

Be oh so, very careful of the difference in language (mind you I have found this a good way to "break the ice" at times. I have also made the odd unintentional slip. For example, when wanting to clean off a blackboard to write up a menu on it, I asked (unfortunately a rather load, humourous and excitable) American Family member for a "rubber!". Well, his eyes lit up (as if a million birthdays had come at once) and he announced to the whole ensemble gathered "hey guys! David wants a "RUBBER" for the blackboard" I can tell you one was mortified especially, in front of colonials.

So, I pray you take note and take care when abroad. Talking of witch did you have a good nigt last nighht?! Lol!

David X

• Posted

Spooky or what! What is happening to my aich's (Hs)?!

• Posted

Mmmmm yes know there's a few words to be careful of ..... not swatted up on which ones yes.  Your experience sounds hilarious, though not for you I guess!  All is booked, sorted, planned and only 'what' to pack is left til the day before.

Yes had a great night last night - rugby for hubby then X Factor yay along with homemade curry and some wine.  No witches in sight, unless it was me stirring the cauldron full of curry lol.

Have your h's returned?  

• Posted

Hey David, being from "the states" I have a good friend who is married to a guy from England and his parents have also come to live here, he is their only child. And while we have our own way with words, you from the UK also do! Oh u look so lovely, bloody hell what are u doing! This meal is just gorgeous! And many, many different ways u talk! How is the sertraline working for you! I hope it's getting better😀
    • Posted

Two countries separated by a common language, as they say.

I am actually on Citalopram, which I think is Celaxa (I think?) or does it have two names that side of the pond?

I am pretty well these days after some serious health issues (that weren't imagined), how about you?

My Family are in KC where are you?

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi David, there must be another David going from citi to sertraline.. Oops! I'm from Wisconsin( Green Bay Packer Football)...Jon (friend from England) had us watching rugby yesterday, he wanted NZ to win! No just Citi, Celexa on this side of the pond! Which I was on citi, but now on Escitalapram, Lexapro. Which is totally soo awesome! Over here KC is Kansas City, what does it stand for there?? I could ask Jon, which he will know. And there's something else u do over there, when I talk to Jons dad on Facebook, after his name he put this xxx??? Here we put xxxooo! Hugs and kisses! It is nice finding out how others live😀
    • Posted

KC means the same Kansas City here too! Lol! That is where they live KCKS & KCMO. In fact we were talking, via skype, to my brother & sister-in-law this afternoon - as if they were in the room with us! The appliance of science pretty cool!

I was hoping NZ would beat the Aussies, but being a Celt my national rugby side is Cymru (Wales). We did alright in the cup, but rugger fans don't care who wins as long as it is a good game!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Australias used to say to me how much a thongs for the beach I used to say dude if you wear a thong on madison beach you will be taken to jail haha didnt know they call em that flip flops and jandels in NZ how could something chnage its name so often ??? Though seriously i have never missed a dose do the time conversion and take then if you get insomnia see if you doc can prescribe something I personally dont sleep on planes recently flew to states and was a wake throughout the night just kept taking my meds as usual and was fine? 
  • Posted

I am not a Doctor I can not tell you  if you can miss a dose of medication or Not my advise would be ask you're doctor or read you're Citalapram directions and see what it says about missing a dose.

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

Never, ever miss a dose! Adjust by all means, but never miss, I did once (went 30 hours, because I ran out) and it was not nice. When I have missed a dose and realised the next morning I took me tabs right away and all was well.

I read an article once about a chap that went to New York for the weekend and to avoid any jet lag (mainly coming back) he stayed on GMT! When a city like that is open 24/7 it was not too difficut. Anyway, I guess what I am saying is that if you took it the same time as GMT that'd be around 2am in the morning! So, as you won't want to get up just to take yer meds why not take them a little earlier or when you get up, but as I said DO NOT MISS A DOSE!

Let us know how you get on! Good luck!

Regards,

David

• Posted

I will problem take it around 2am on the flight....I'm just concerned I won't be able to sleep when I get back...I need to sleep 11-3 ish as I'm in work in the evening.
  • Posted

Lol, I travel there every year to visit family...instead of a two hour lay over and almost missing my second flight a couple of times I've booked with a four hour lay over. Also I'm not taking a pull along hand luggage case, cannot be bothered with the hassle....or wearing jeans that need a belt...I'm prepared lol

as for the saying, breaking the ice lol, very apt, I work at an ice rink!!!

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I'm 8 weeks in & flew to USA last week & had no problems taking it in the morning stateside.

Only issue was 1 day anxiety due way too much energy used visiting Universal till 1am with the kids & couldn't sleep properly when back at hotel afterwards.

Took a couple of diazepam the following day for it & made up the sleep big time the next day - all good now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.