Missing girl in our area..sure alcohol is involved...why?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i can not express my feelings about this on Facebook because it could be taken as insensitive...and it truly comes from my heart and knowledge of being a 21 year old girl.

​This girl...was in college....we all know that alot of drinking goes on in college.  Not to say that everyone who goes to college drinks.  But here are some details of this story.

​21 year old, small framed girl (5'2 - 102 pounds).  Thats 50 something in your area.  Went missing Thursday night...was last seen at 12am.

​First of all this week is April vacation in our area..no school.  And as my b/f pointed out last night (he has the best memory)...that the week before April vacation the Friday is "National Bunk Day".  He remembers and he jogged my memory...that the particular park they were searching for this girl in...was the park that is and has been the "party" grounds for the night before "National Bunk Day".

​The did put this search on the news because they were concerned for the people that were searching...getting lost..etc..because it as they said has very intrinsic pathways...and lots of water...safety first...and trying to be helpful to the family and friends they are requesting that...they contact the State Police when they organize searches..so everyone else can be kept safe. sad

​Anyway..my first thought..and something I always told MY kids (not that I was the best mother, I was a drunk mother)...but they should never be out after 11pm ANY night...because that only brings trouble.  Go figure...both my kids..their first traffic tickets were given after 11pm at night.  This girl was small and was out at 12 am?  I (me) can only ASSUME she was drinking...and part of the crowd that was partying.

​In light of this story...regardless what age your child..this is a sharp reminder that we still should help to look out for their safety...have check ins..secret codes..etc. 

​When I was 21...no one cared where I was..because I was kicked out at 17 because I was a "bad example" for my younger sisters (who turned out alcoholic anyway).  But, I know alcohol was involved in this girls dissappearance..be it her inhibitions were limited...OR someone elses where and something happened either by mistake (from drunkeness) or planned by ....I shouldn't say this...but I watch a lot of shows that involve investigations....Never mind....I won't say it....i will wait to see what the news brings to see if I'm correct.

But, I do KNOW...the park...I do know and have participated in the activities at this park...and did not know one person ever to go to this type of event who DIDNT DRINK...or smoke pot.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I will be interested to hear the outcome, Misssy.

I count myself as very, very lucky that I survived my teenage years, because I often got drunk when on a night out.  I was easy prey to anyone who wanted to take advantage of me.  It makes me shudder to think.

Pat.

• Posted

I did actually get taken once into the woods by CAR...and kept being told I COULD be left at the side of the road for dead.  This was someone who followed me around for almost a year...and I would stop in my own car..he in his..and chat with him....I felt he had a crush on me..he was older (not much..but older)...

He convinced me one day to get in the car...because he had BEER.  I did..and nothing nice followed..and I'm lucky to be alive...and he is not the first stranger I got in a car with...I did with 3 people one time...one was a girl..so I felt safe...not to safe that night either.

​i will post the outcome..oddly nothing is on the news tonight...probably because of an investigation.

• Posted

Hi patricia..so more facts are let out...and she wasn't AT the park.  The newspaper says now it was a "family friend" premonition that she would be found at the park. 

I do think that her "boyfriend" was involved..just my personal opinion. The new facts are that she left her HOUSE at 12am on foot...with her cell phone.

​The newspaper says Alicia has many pictures of her boyfriend on FB and mentioned his name in the article. (This is the part I didn't want to mention before to seem like a jerk...but usually close friends or family members are involved in murders sad

​I've had a nagging hunch it was him because before I read this article I checked out her FB and his....she lists all the time "my best friend"....they have been attending proms together since the the age of like 17.....

​Nothing to do with alcohol...but I will let you know if they find out what is going on. 

• Posted

long but interesting story and I hope that she is found and then has learnt her lesson...Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.