missing medication

Posted , 2 users are following.

My post isnt about COPD .There wasnt a nearest choice in the selection group

Today (friday 11/9) my mum collected my prescription & everything was present & correct except my mycophenalate --for this month /They told mum it hadnt been put on the prescription despite them knowing I have it on a monthly basis

It was on last month so theres no excuse for it not being on

Im not accusing anyone but Im very cross that it hasnt been included & Im pretty much sure that somewhere between who I think is prescription section at the surgery & boots theres an amount of efficiency that has played a part here on this occasion

They should know that it is essential that everything is present & correct & its their job to check before handing it over

They should also know that some peoples lives could be at risk if medication is missing - Im grateful that my life isnt in any danger

Its not the first time theyve done this -last time it wa s for Ventolin so Im not happy at all

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I can understand your annoyance with the people who are lax in their job which should be straightforward just following the instructions on a list. Since it was a GP or Hospital Doctor/Consultant who has issued you with this medication, I think it only fair to question them on why this might have happened.It would not be within the remit of a pharmacist to alter your list of medications without firstly speaking to the issuing doctor. If there were to be any changes made, then courtesy would make the issuing doctor or department, inform you of this. There has been a mistake made somewhere, and maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to point any fingers at anyone, but to question the issuer would be the right thing to do, so next time you can expect the prescription to be correct. I would be equally annoyed, if it happened to me, and all of the above is what I would do to ensure it didn't happen again.Hope it gets sorted out for you.

• Posted

Any future incidents like this you need to take it up with your doctor and pharmacist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.