mistakes were made, does this seem like herpes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m a 31 year old healthy adult male. I slept with someone 3 times(no condom) when I found out she had herpes and has had it for over a decade. Shortly after, I had what seemed like a small case of poison ivy on my inside left elbow, but this never turned into lesions or oozed. Extremely itchy bumps in a linear pattern. This was the First time I’m freaked out. At this point this has gone away and hasn’t returned. Since then I seem to have developed some red splotchiness and irregular small bumps on the head of my penis. It is slightly itchy at times but for the most part barely noticeable. The only way to see it is if the skin is stretched or I am erect. I am 100% sure this wasn’t something I “just haven’t noticed” in my 31 years. I’ve always been familiar with my body. The girl who I still communicate with, also regularly gets yeast infections. These “bumps” have never burst and I feel like they haven’t gone away at all since I noticed them. Which would be going on at least a month and a half at this point. The doctors say it’s nothing and there are no signs because when flaccid there really aren’t signs to talk about. I was tested for all STI but it was within a week of the last time we slept together so those results would be considered inconclusive or too early to tell. I have provided pictures of what I consider symptoms the best I can. I also have sensitive skin and have changed washing detergent recently but if that was the case I would normally get irritation in other places as well. Any insight would be Helpful. Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When your exposed to herpes simplex? Sometimes it takes 4 to 12 weeks to show.

You should get tested again in the next weeks . Type hsv igg and igm

• Posted

Ty for the advice. I am pretty sure I was tested with an Igg after a few weeks and came up at the very least with hsv1 which would be genitally I’m assuming as I have never had cold sores on my mouth in my life. That was at 9-11 weeks. I’m going back at about 14-16 weeks to make sure it’s not HSV 1 and 2 because I geuss the test could’ve missed the HSV2 on the first test even though it was at 9-11 weeks. Can’t do much about it now but educate and take precautions.
  • Posted

This does not look like herpes at all! , and you mentioned they been there for a month or so , herpes wouldn’t last that long. If your doctor is saying your fine . Trust him if not wait another month and get tested again  
    • Posted

I had just replied to the other comments and I appreciate your input. I have tested positive for hsv1 at 9-11 weeks from what I believe was an igg test. I don’t get cold sores so I’m assuming this is my bodies responses to it genitally. That being said I’m going back at 14-16 weeks to make sure I don’t have type 2 as well which will also confirm my type 1 at the same time. Ty again. Can’t do much else now but educate and take precautions. Ty again.
    • Posted

Hello, Im wondering how long it took between the first time you had unprotected sex and the first signs of the symptoms on your penis? (So, excluding the elbow symptoms)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.