Misunderstood

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been on Levo100mg overva year. Have good and bad days. My family has told me they miss the old me.. when I feel I have not changed. They are constantly on my case that I don’t care about my self. That I dug my self in deep depression. I hold a doctorate in psychology . Dad keeps on telling me I should dress differentky( usually in yoga pants and nice shirt ).. do any of u have family like thus???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes Me Since 2011 I am not on medication I had a MRI back in 1999 and the report said my thyroid was enlarged But I felt great so I ignored it Big mistake I have a lump in my throat area Doctor said Its probably nothing So I got frustrated and have been living depressed Not caring what I look like Yoga pants and sweaters No energy I feel for you It's aweful You definitely have something they are missing  I have put off recently doing anything because my 27 yr old daughter was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer and she had to have her thyroid removed and now takes 250mg Levo She went thru 6 yrs of same thing It's hard when your family does not get it and understand what your feeling Please don't give up Stay in touch and tell our doctor the ay you feel is unacceptable You as a psychologist know quality of life is imperative wink

• Posted

Sadly yeah. My mom, fiancé, friends. The mistake I made was let their negative comments consume my head. I already deal with this horrible illness and bad depression with anxiety.  I don’t need another negative thing in my life. I slowly started blocking their thoughts or told them off. It is hard... sometimes it does get to me but I try to distract myself. I wish they would be there for me 24/7 but they will never understand when they aren’t in your place. Inside your living a war. Just take it easy. You will have your good days were you will want to dress up all of a sudden and you do it and if not don’t! You feel comfortable! Even it’s yoga pants and a shirt! That’s my outfit almost everyday haha 

• Posted

Alejandra, You said you feel you have not changed. I would recommend getting some counseling (even though I know you have a doctorate in psychology) and see if you need an antidepressant. Have you had your TSH checked lately? If you are on the border of the scale (maybe 5) you may need to up your meds. However, if that is okay, you may need to think about antidepressants. Hubby finally pushed me in checking that out, and now I'm on a low dose of wellbutrin. I do feel much better. When you're in the fog, you can't see it. I kept saying I was okay and wasn't different, but he could see the change and I do now that I'm out of the funk. Good Luck!

• Posted

I want to thank everyone who responded. I do feel better knowing I’m not alone. I need to learn to ignore the negative comments.. one of you responded stating having a daughter with thyroid cancer: she’ll be in my prayers.. when I was diagnosed aug 2016.. I had tsh 108! How did I ever function . Been walking this month.. it has helped .. thank you all once again... glad I found this forum ... didn’t know who to talk to or go to.. googled forums blogs for thyroid issues, gave this a try.. now I lovesmile
    • Posted

If you have a Facebook, there’s 3 different groups of hypothyroidism/Hashimoto. I recently made a Facebook and joined their groups. It’s really really helpful. You feel you have someone who understands you. Give it a shot! They help you understand a little better medicine, test results and diets! Better than some doctors 😒

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.