Mitazapine long term effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am going out of my mind it started on December the 7th 2019

I have been taking mitazapine for 4 years never experianced what I hsve been feeling this last month. Very dizzy almost motion sickness and wherever I go I feel like I'm walking on air slow motion its very strange I hsvd s pain in my left ear which I never had before I thought it must be a virus it went away for a few, days but it's back again. I am a stay at home father with 3 children I literally keep thinking I can't carry on I'm slowly dying inside each day kids keep asking what's wrong with me. I'm currently in bed with hot water bottle humidifier feeling sorry for myself. It only seems to stop when I'm sleeping its a really horrible feeling. Has anyone else ever had this any advice would be much appreciated. Mitazapine saved my life but now I think it's having the reverse effect on me. Thanks for listning

Mike

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.. so sorry you are hurting. I have been through all of these things. They are caused by anxiety. I know it so hard to believe, I never wanted to believe it myself. I've has the dizziness many times and the strange slow motion feeling. I have experienced many things associated with dissociation which is a common thing us anxiety sufferers have. I'd love to say I have the answers for healing but I am still struggling myself. The main thing that is helping somewhat is just affirming to myself that it is anxiety, that it will pass, and that it is not dangerous. You may want to talk to your doctor about a change for your med if it isnt having the same effect. I dont think its probably the med causing it though. hang in there and dont give up hope!

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying. It's so scary the last couple of mornings I have 2oke up with a nose bleed very small I know it's all the worrying I have been doing it makes it worse. It's really a evil disease I keep thinking people are looking at me thinking he's a weirdo it's all in my head I know but it feels so real especially the dizzy feeling I'm getting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.