Mites/scabies

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just am using this as a reference for others but I was just at a friend's house with my two daughters for about thirty minutes. I sat on a table chair and they sat on the couches. She had taken in someone whom had scabies and I had never heard of it before. Since we did not stay long I did not think much. But this has been the worst bug I have ever seen I can't get rid of it. I am so tired of not sleeping and just cleaning and washing. I want to just have a break. The kids want to just stop getting cleaned and we are always itchy. We are always reapplying the cream I spray the house. I put concentrate in the laundry I vacuum constantly. This puts lice to shame. I will be happy the day it is gone!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Get ivermectin oral, make 10% sulfur lotion and put it on when you guys sleep. Do permethrin once a week.  Spray car and car seats after use. Use plastic totes for clean clothes after you wash it. Use disposable gloves to put used clothes and towels into totes and to get clean ones out. Freeze purse and brushes and makeup after each use until use again. Spray shoes with permethrin and freeze until next use. Limiting your clothes and shoes is good. Diatomaceous earth on carpets leave it and vacuume it up after 24 hours repeat weekly. Get bed bug mite covers for all mattress and pillows spray these covers with isopropyl alcohol after each use. We also dried our pillows each night for 40 minutes before remaking the bed. Change bedding nightly until clear. Arm and hammer powered detergent with borax and Lysol disinfecting laundry additive. Get pets treated. We all fought this for months between 3 family’s and are all finally done! 

• Posted

No just each other and my husband told me i was crazy for the longest time before i ever got treatment so it had gotten bad. When i went to get treatment people didnt believe me till the third time that i had been exposed to someone with it. So i think it had gotten exasterbated.
  • Posted

And keep away from anyone who doesn't treat themselves house etc.

Inform schools . Day care. Kindy. Etc. As anyone in contact with you you or kids is likely to have them. Evan if they don't have symptoms.

It can take weeks to months for symptoms to show up.

As some people don't get symptoms.

• Posted

We keep to ourselves its super depressing 😞my kids hate it they stay home and we dont have people over. We havent seen our family. People think i am making everything up. Its been super hard on everyone and i havent even seen my own friends.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.