Mitral prolapse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Yesterday at 5 am I felt numb my right arm and had pain in the chest.

After going to the emergency I got diagnosed with mitral prolapse.

Blood tests were fine, electrolytes too.

Vent. rate 78 , PR 134, QRS 102, QT 364, QTc 396, P 81, QRS 86 , Axes 52 degree.

I'm 24 male.They told me to get magnesium and b6 pills and that it's "cosmetic" problem that is not so bad,but since I don't feel very well and I want to ask what steps I need to take next and how is going to affect my life.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Did you see a cardiologist? I would be following this up , I got diagnosed with mitral valve problems about 8 years ago , it was leaking so not closing properly , I never had any pain just felt a bit breathless . It has been monitored since then with 6-12 monthly echoes, and then two years ago was seen to be affecting my heart so had surgery to repair it. At no time have I had chest pain or other symptoms. I would not leave it without further investigation, I was diagnosed with a heart murmur in my 30’s but no problem till late 50’s. Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.