Mitraz success stories for anxiety and mild depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im looking for mitrazapine successes as im currently struggling on sertraline 25 mg day 5 i suffer mainly from anxiety bit think ive got a bit depressed to. I am tiny anyway but am very underweight now as i cannot eat with sertraline or anxiety plus i struggle to sleep, can anyone tell me there experience

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi weenett

I was the same very light had insomnia and no interest in food. Mirtazapine worked great for all of the above. But after 2 years it did little for my depression. I was put on sertraline and it messed me up.

• Posted

Mirt didn't do much for me apart from help me sleep and this pooped out after 6 months.  I just wouldn't go near the drug.  You may get short term benefit but the pain at the end if prohibitive. 

• Posted

I can offer a success story. I've been on 30mg mirtazapine with 225mg venlafaxine for over 6 years and together they have kept me virtually free of the crippling symptoms of depression and anxiety I had before. I've had very few side-effects,and no weight gain. I'm happy to stay that way.

• Posted

I didnt have a good result from that med i actually am the first 1 for my doc to get that side effect, but i to was having a eatting problem not anymore, if anything i now over eatting. Their are plenty of benzos and non additive ones they tried alot of different ones like adivan but for me i rather have a mint or gum. I dnt like it but xanax is the only thing that will help for my anxiety/panic attacks. I do think xanax is the devil still & heard they will be discontinued. A bit scared also my doc dnt want 2 give them to me, but i would try something different. I dnt recommend ranrom it gave me 50 mini sezuires/tremors they still cant figure out which one all i know was they had to give me a lot of IV drugs just so i would let my regular ER dr just to examine me & he was so p*ssed off that my phyic took me off my xanax & pain meds ... i know this wasnt your question just hope my experience helps a bit, just be open and truthful with your doctor if you like show him all your answers from your question. Lots of drs think your just trying to get your kicks off...GL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.