Mitrzapine and Xanax and l methylfolate

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I have been suffering from psychological disorder from last 12 years.

I have depression and axiety visited psychiatrist last week I am taking Alprazolam .25 + L Mwthyfolate 7.5 mg in the morning and Alprazolam .25 mg + L Methyfolate _ Mitrazapine 30 mg in the night. i am feeling so much drowsy and increase in appetite is a lot. Its 6th day of my medicine. What should I dont feel any positive change.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's true mirtazapine causes you to have an increased appetite and gain weight. That happened to me. I don't think such a small amount of Xanax would cause the weight gain, but it does cause drowsiness. After a while, it does not cause so much drowsiness. The L-methylfolate sounds like a very up to date thing -- it helps your body make serotonin. Mirtazapine is a relatively different class of drugs than the SSRI's, and doesn't have the same side effects as say Prozac. It takes about 3-4 weeks to feel a positive change. Maybe ask your Dr. if you should start mirtazapine with 15 mg. and work up to 30?
  • Posted

Yes, Mary is right, - that Xanax initially feels wierd, but soon you'll feel okay. [Not high or low - JUST NORMAL - which is ALL we want to feel !] I don't know about Mirtazapine, but if it's an antidepressant, it will take up to 2 months to be fully working. So don't worry!!! All will turn out okay! Also if you are gaining weight, don't let it bother you NOW! Wait until you are feeling good - Then think about dieting. [haha]. Another hurdle, but a lot easier when you feel good in yourself. Wishing you all the best. ♥
  • Posted

Yes, Mary is right, - that Xanax initially feels wierd, but soon you'll feel okay. [Not high or low - JUST NORMAL - which is ALL we want to feel !] I don't know about Mirtazapine, but if it's an antidepressant, it will take up to 2 months to be fully working. So don't worry!!! All will turn out okay! Also if you are gaining weight, don't let it bother you NOW! Wait until you are feeling good - Then think about dieting. [haha]. Another hurdle, but a lot easier when you feel good in yourself. Wishing you all the best. ♥
  • Posted

Sorry, I accidently posted twice!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.