Mix of emotions.. but ready for the journey.

Posted , 10 users are following.

My GP has agreed to prescribe me Nalmefene / Selincro. I am hoping to use it with the TSM method.  Feeling relieved that I'm able to access it, feeling excited that I may be on the way to kicking this demon and really nervous about the potential side effects.

May I ask, does anyone have a template that they used as their drink diary that they could possibly share? Thanks in advance.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I just use a Word document to list how many units I drink each day.

​Simple. But it gives focus.

• Posted

So pleased for you trust me it works after 4 weeks on it I'm on day 5 without drink and no craving I feel great I haven't went this long without drink in 5 years. I even collect wine so have about 500 bottles in the house l, smiling drinking tea. I did have horrible sir affects for the first 4 days but I'm glad I stuck with it as they went away. I did feel very spaced out, but don't let it freak you out just your body getting used to it. Excited for you, let us know how you get on. Xx

• Posted

That's side effects I meant.

• Posted

Great Reply from Cisorium s since going through with medication right now.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your honesty and support Cisorium. Collect prescription 2moro. Fingers crossed. 
    • Posted

I don't drink every day, maybe once or twice a month but i binge drink a lot the day I do. Does this still mean I have to take Selincro every day?? I thought I had to take it only on days I know I will drink. Could you please explain this to me. Xx 

• Posted

You are correct, Selincro should ONLY be taken 1-2 hours before alcohol is consumed.  It should NOT be taken on any days that you do not drink.  Please read the patient information leaflet that came with your tablets carefully, it confirms the prescribing instructions.

If someone is an everyday drinker, then in the beginning the Selincro is likely to be needed every day until alcohol free days begin to occur.

• Posted

Sent you a PM with some links, Roisin.
    • Posted

Thanks a mill ADEfree - that's exactly what I was looking for.

• Posted

You're welcome! Have a look around on that website, lots of tips and stories from others using TSM. 

• Posted

Week 1 - c40% reduction

Pre TSM 70

Day 1 4

Day 2 6

Day 3 4

Day 4 5

Day 5 10

Day 6 6

Day 7 8

Side effects have all but disappeared thankfully. Concerned that I still 'want' that glass of wine (or several) and still 'enjoy' it.  But overall, pleased with progress.

Thank you for all of your support.

• Posted

Hi Rosini

I’m doing TSM with Selincro. I don’t have the same craving but when I do drink I enjoy it but I’m now only having a couple of glasses, I’ve now got the “cut off” switch which I didn’t have before. It’s only early days yet so maybe I’ll even stop enjoying the drink altogether but whatever I’m in a much better place already. 

Good Luck, keep it up 

Lindsey 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.