Mixed lens Panopitix and Vivity?

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am 51 years old and am starting to have cataracts. I work on computers and my phone for work every day. Other than cataracts, my eyes are in great shape. The doctor recommended Panoptix for my non-dominate left eye (the one with the wore cataract). If I love it go with it for my right eye. If I have issues go with the Vivity in the right eye.

From my understanding Panopotix will hopefully give me slightly better intermediate and better near vision. But much higher chance of issues driving at night (I don't drive at night that often). My big question is if I do decide to go with Vivity in the right eye, is this an issue? Which one of the two is better for shooting?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have the PanOptix in both eyes and at this point have no issues.

Vision is great near to far. No need for any readers can easy read tiny print like that on Rx pamphlets. Can read dash no issue, road signs at distance, easy read license plates from far.

No issues at night. I can drive on the darkest roads and I do with my job many times. Contrast is IMO is excellent. Some styles of lights do produce min spiderwebs but I don't notice it anymore unless I think about it. Seems the brain has just programmed it out of my mind.

I really have no complaints no issues if I had to say I feel I have as good of vision as I had when I was 20.

Note I had the Panoptix in just the left eye for several months natural for right. Overall vision is considerably better with the Panoptix in both I have no regrets and am very satisfied.

To be fair my road here was rocky as at first I did see many of the things that people say like halos, starburst, ghosting of letters. But I kept an open mind, I was convinced my brain would make the needed neuroadaptation and it did.

My vision today with the Panoptix is amazing IMO.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.