Mixing brands?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

I have just picked up my meds from the Chemist (in the U.K.) and having been on Duloxetine for approx 1.5 years, for the first time I have been given a brand other than Cymbalta. I take 90mg per day and have been given 60mg Cymbalta and 30mg Mylan brand. Just wondered if anyone has mixed two different brands? The gp didn't mention anything about not getting Cymbalta.

Thank you in advance

Shaz

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm sure it'll be fine. They'll be exactly the same drug just in different packaging. It'll depend on what the chemist has got.

• Posted

My Rheumi  suggested to me to Try Methotrexate, Duloxetine and another Salaphazine, I am not sure about mixing medication, however I have COPD and my Respiratory Consultant not is not very happy for me to go on any of these medications  since I take a mixture of other medications also. I also have Fibromyalgia and have to say I have been taking Pregabalin at night,just a very low dose, which seems to work most nights,
    • Posted

I am on MTX for my psoriasis. It wasn't so much about mixing different medication, it was more about mixing two different brands of Duloxetine. For the past year and a half, I have only had Cymbalta brand, but now I have Cymbalta & Mylan (never heard Mylan brand).

Thanks though x

• Posted

Sadly GPs are choosing the cheapest brand of drugs.... I'm tapering off Cymbalta and I've insisted he Px Cymbalta as it's impossible to taper off other branded drugd

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.