MND symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

since march i am experiencing 24 /7 calves and feet twitches also random twitching in arms, hands , shoulders, stomach, back and facial twitching especially nose where it lasts for 4/5 days then spreads somewhere else. Cramps in calves and feet especially the first 4 weeks through to april. The last 6 weeks iam having constant headaches only on one side ( left back). Also this comes with noise like hissing in my head 24/7 . Tongue even had a cyst appear and a funny sentsation in my tongue now and again. Now i look back from last year twitching started in right buttock soon after physio for sciatica but now spread to whole of body. Nuerologist appointment next month could this be motor nueron disease.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

MND does not start with twitching. The headaches are also not a symptom of MND, but might be something else to check into.

• Posted

Hi Henry

I'm sorry that you are having to go through all of this. As you know a diagnosis of any kind can be made on line. I am glad however that you have an appointment with a neurologist, so hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait, and there will be tests, if they feel you require further investigation.

I saw my neurologist last month, my symptoms are not quite the same as yours.

The trouble is so many other conditions that can mimic MND. I am to have my scans in the 3rd week of July for MRI Brain and Spine scan.

I wish you well for the future, and hope you find answers soon 😃

• Posted

I have had similar symptoms, especially the cramps etc plus twitches for years but much much worse the past 18 months. Eventually after many tests they diagnosed CFS....but I have to admit it I am still not convinced.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.