Mobility Allowance UK

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone on her been successful in obtaining PIP Mobility Allowance due to there hip conditions.   Just wondering as I have been refused and got told today that had I claimed DLA years ago it would have qualified.

Having worked with pain and discomfort, unable finally to continue it makes my blood boil then when I ask for help I get refused.   

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I haven't, but I am told that I wouldn't get it, and looking at the descriptors now, I think you have to be dead to qualify! It's getting nigh on impossible to claim, but if you want to try to appeal, Money Saving Expert have a great benefits site that can help you with the process. Worth a look.

• Posted

Thank you... I will take a look but it is obvious to me that physical disability is not enough anymore.... you need to have a mental health problem.. 
    • Posted

All the people with mental health problems are saying the same thing in reverese! It isn't about what kind of disability you have, it is about the fact the disability is no longer supported in the UK.

• Posted

I have a neighbour who dances about , decorates her home herself,goes to the gym etc etc.  She has also been deemed unfit to work.  She is young and has been like this well over 12 yrs.  It's her back????

If she was assessed now this would not be happening.  Government didnt bother with historical cases.  Makes me mad too Elaine.  I have to watch her from my window each day.

• Posted

You could whistleblow!! they are withdrawing benefit from people like her....  

Makes me so mad, because genuine cases are being denied assistance.  If I fake a breakdown I would get the benefit...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.