Moderate thickening of mucus in Sphenoid sinus - What can be done?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I don't have headaches but a CT (for something else) recently noted moderate thickness of mucus in the Sphenoid sinus.

The sphenoid sinus cavity as many might know is notoriously difficult to access as far as any sort of nasal irrigation. The feedback I've gotten from my primary doctor and an ENT in the past was basically that there's nothing much that can be done about this, and that unless having headache related to the sphenoid, they simply don't want to pursue it. Due to its location it's understandably challenging to treat. Has anyone ever had experience with this, and is there in fact little to nothing that I can do to reduce this moderate mucosal thickness in the sphenoid?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Mike

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.