Moderna jab side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a long term cfs sufferer in the uk and despite my better judgement I've just had my booster jab. Unlike my first two, it was a moderna. Over the last three days since the jab I've had vomiting, diarrhoea, fever, chills, painful joints and muscles, stomach cramps, headache and I feel just about as ill as I've ever been.

I don't think it's going to improve any time soon. The term 'side effects' is a ridiculous understatement.

The astrazeneca jabs were bad but nowhere near as bad as this. this was my last jab; I'm not going through this again. Has anyone else had similar problems?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i wondered how you're feeling now? I had a very similar experience after the Pfizer booster and think this is probably what kicked off my cfs symptoms. I've not yet got a diagnosis as I'm still being seen by various doctors but I have general overwhelming fatigue, shaky hands and legs and various gastro issues so it looks like it's going that way.

• Posted

Hi Bert, thanks for replying. I'm actually back to my normal level now (which is to say, not great). The first two weeks were unbelievably bad but it tapered off over the next month or so after that. I tend to get this kind of thing with vaccines due to pre-existing cfs, but thought I ought to get the covid ones anyway.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems too. Is this the first time you've had this kind of thing? I have heard that cfs can be triggered by vaccines but I don't know whether that usually means weeks, months or very long term. How long has it been going on? Hope it passes sooner rather than later.

• Posted

I hope you are feeling better now and end up with no long term issues.

I suggest to people stay clear of these they do not have the data for healthy people so using these for people with conditions like CFS is asking for trouble but if some one feels the need for one go for which has now been approved in UK Novavax this has had a lot of independent trials for fairly long time also it doesn't use the experimental methods.

The other thing is before and after for about a week increase vitamin d also taurine this will really help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.