Moist toilet tissue, white toilet tissue. Cause inflammation?

Posted , 13 users are following.

I will be having a biopsy next week, but am already thinking what could be causing the inflammation I have been experiencing, if it is not LS.

I wondered about moist toilet tissue, as I have been using a perfumed moist toilet tissue for some years.   I also use ordinary toilet tissue (white).

Have others stopped using moist toilet tissue or changed their toilet paper and found it helped?  Or has anyone found that perfumed moist toilet tissue or white toilet tissue increased inflammation?

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have lichen s diagnosed as well, for 25 years now. after my son was born and I had a leaky bladder I began to place toilet paper there to help at all times of the day and it has gotten worse and I have had to use cortisol cream prescribed every once in a while. But at one point I was wondering if it was white toilet paper aggravating that area as well as it sensitive and bleach paper is strong. I have tried to use one sock from my pile of unmatched socks a fee times a day as a buffer and this helps. it's a good used of Socks I would throw away anyway. Best of luck as I know that Lichen Slerosis can develop into skin cancer so I understand the need to keep it controlled. Using the prescribed cream is very important please see your doctor thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.