moisturizers for the skin when you got eczema

Posted , 13 users are following.

So, I have the eczema. Not all of the creams and moisturizers suit me (obviously). Can you, please, share your opinions here about the products you use to moisture the skin and not irritate it even more?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Georgina,

Avene have just released a new range of skin care products for eczema, called xeracalm.

The triple action formula works to

- reduce redness and itching

- repair and nourish skin whilts helping to restore the epidermal barrier

- soothe the skin relieve irritation

It claims to reduce itching by 97% and comes in cleansing oil, creme and balm

-Mistrys Pharmacy

• Posted

I use E45 which doesn't cost the earth and works for me. Even good ole' Vasline and Sudocreme does the trick.
  • Posted

Hi Georgina,

I use "Azeeno Eczema Therapy", its very soothing and stays on my face untill I wash it off.  The first time I used it - it only took a couple of days before my rash was gone.  But I have heard from others that you must use it every day or it could come back.

• Posted

Hi georgina aveeno moisturiser cream for sensitive skin for people prone to eczema is exactly what it is called is really good as far as ive been told or aqueous ceam is also quiet good

• Posted

Hi. I've had the same problem for years. And what works for me is that you continously apply the ointment you have been perscribed to grease the skin so that it is wet and greasy, in order to prevent it getting dry- I usually use doublebase gel. Also, I would advise you to take a tablet everyday that are usually taken for allergies such as: hayfever, to stop you from itching, and it helps you to sleep at night too. Hope this helps smile
  • Posted

Well, it's a problem and I can understand you. I advise you natural product Calmessence fluid gel. It soothes the skin and leaves pleasant cooling, calming feeling on the face. You can also try a good thing - Alodem delicate moisturizer (ideal for fragile skin) and reduces the redness.Good luck, Georgina!
  • Posted

Hi I have used many products over the years and have settled on a online firm called homescents. their balm works well, i also use their laundry products am i'm very senstive to detergent as i'm sure you are aware too!
  • Posted

From time to time I have really bad eczema, and lately its been bad due to stress. But for about the past two years I've been using palmers cocoa butter (one without fragrance) its been really good! And if my skin does flare up really bad I use E45 cream, words wonders for me. Hope that helps smile 
  • Posted

Hi Georgina,

I have had eczema forever, but about 4 years ago it became very bad and the aqueous cream and hydrocortisone that I had been using all that time seemed to make it worse. After visiting a dermotology clinic, I have been using doublebase for my arms and face, dermol for my legs, stomach and chest, and epaderm for my ears. I also use betamethasone for when it flares up however, because my creams work so well for me now, and I apply them a couple of times a day, I rarely need to use the stronger cream. 

I had a facial a few months ago and was told that my skin is dry and sometimes the creams that we are prescribed dry out the face. She commended drinking 4 pints of water a day to help with this. From following this advice and using my moisturising creams regularly, I am pretty much eczema free and have my life back. It's actually amazing - I can wear makeup without my face cracking!

Your dry skin may not be anyway near as bad as mine though but for me I would always stay well clear of aqueous cream and E45. I don't think you can go wrong with Doublebase Gel, or if you want a moisturiser that doesn't have preservatives in it, I would recommend Epaderm, although it is extremely greasy  xxx

• Posted

Hi Georgina , sorry to hear about your condition. I highly recommend Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Its costs about £10-£15 but would last long time. And it's obviously  a natural product. Goodluck. I know its hard at times but keep faith and you will hopefully recover soon.

I also recommend cutting down on alcohol,sugar and fried food. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.