Mold causing mental issues?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently this thanksgiving I had visited my mom's house and stayed the night, during that time I had no breathing issues or anxious thoughts. The next day when I go back to my house I instantly start having heavy breathing and my anxiety went to 100. I was confused as to how I went from completely fine to having breathing problems and feeling super anxious. Me being me I was curious and decided to look up as to why as soon as I went into my home I instantly felt worse. Turns out molds can cause not just coughing and sneezing but mental stuff too. Now I keep wondering if mold is causing this feeling I get when I'm in my home. I've been dealing with this anxiety for months now and I kinda wonder if mold has gotten bad to where it causes me to breathe heavy and have anxiety but at the same time I don't have any sneezing or coughing symptoms so maybe it isn't?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Could it be that you felt comforted being in your Mom's home with your Mom? The anxiety went away for a while because you were with your Mom? 

• Posted

The breathing problems and anxiety seem to go away when im outside or at a diff places as well so I don't think so.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.