Mold exposure as the root cause?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with GA 16 years ago. It has remained fairly consistent over that time but over the last year has started to spread to my arms. I was also diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease 3 months ago.

I finally paid the money to see a functional medicine doctor and he said that everything could be my immune system's reaction to mold exposure. I lived in college apartments when I was diagnosed with GA which I'm sure had mold, and upon examination of my current apartment I found some signs of water damage. I am about to start a supplement regimen including Zeobind which is meant to help remove the mycotoxins from my cells. Fingers crossed this is the root cause and the treatment will bring healing. Moral of the story though... look at your environment and see if there are any possible biological or chemical toxins that may be weakening your immune system.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Very interesting. i think we all have become predisposed by our diet. there seems to be a common thread of thyroid issues. i myself have had my thyroid removed in steps by removing growths that grew. i first noticed GA in my fifties. i am now 73 and really tired of it. this year the circles presented like little horse shoes instead of circles. something different!

• Posted

Very interesting. i think we all have become predisposed by our diet. there seems to be a common thread of thyroid issues. i myself have had my thyroid removed in steps by removing growths that grew. i first noticed GA in my fifties. i am now 73 and really tired of it. this year the circles presented like little horse shoes instead of circles. something different!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.