mole.. change in colour size and shape

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a mole that I have had since birth, it is in an area that is rarely exposed to sunlight

About ten years ago I had the mole checked out as there was a pinkish ring had appeared around it

The doctor said keep an eye on it and come back if there is any change

I recently noticed that the mole has become considerably bigger, raised and it is sore and quite itchy sometimes

I seen a doctor regarding this and she told me it was a skintag and offered to remove it.. She seems to like doing things like that

I agree that it looks like a large skin tag now except the brown colouring with the pink around it

I have had this from.birth and I know it isn't a skintag

Any advice would be appreciated.. I would have to change doctors surgeries if I wanted to see another doctor about this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My uncle had the same itchy mole. it was removed. It was in a precancerous state.
  • Posted

hi kez i dont want to alarm you i had

• Posted

i dont want to alarm you but i wld get a 2nd opinion. i had a mole on my leg which i had for as long as i cld remember over the yrs it started changing colour & shape i had it removed nearly 5 yrs ago now it was melanoma . I was lucky enough to get it in the early stages.helen
  • Posted

That's what I'm trying to point out. Helen just said it. All the description you mentioned are all Melanoma symptoms. Please geT second opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.