Mole changing rapidly, help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a mole that started to hurt a week ago, and the pain is worse now, I can't even touch it. It formed a bump on top of it and the color of the mole is somewhat pink. Also the mole has a crust on the side and is red around.

My daughter said it can be cancer and to go to a dermatologist. I´m going to make an appoitment but usually the appointments in my city are only available in 1 or 2 weeks and I'm afraid that when the doctor sees me he can do nothing and it's too late for me.

Please help me, I'm afraid of having a melanoma.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

• Posted

You better go have that checked out it might be cancerous my mother in law has skin cancer and her spots doesnt look like that but you have a mole too me yes it does look cancerous but I would go too dermatologist like your daughter told you and have that checked out ok.

• Posted

If it's skin cancer your life won't depend on one or two weeks, but if I were you I would really press my doctor to make a priority appointment for me, just so that I would know a.s.a.p. what is going on.

• Posted

hi Carla , if you happen to be near chinatown NY a dermatologist can see you right away and get a biopsy , I can give you her # if you need.

Good luck

• Posted

My previous dermatologist is in UES and often takes walk ins ,if he doesn't take your insurance he's not expensive.

• Posted

thank you for your reply, but I live far away from ny

• Posted

Hi Carla, I appreciate how worried you are but dont delay making an appointment. When you call, do stress that it's an emergency and you may get seen more quickly. I obviously cant comment on what you have or how far advanced it is, that will be for your doctor but given that it's only been bothering you for a week or so, it may be not too far progressed. Please make that appointment quickly, the quicker you get seen the better the outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.