Mole removal site is so painful

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello- I'm a 21 year old female and I had a 10mm mole removed at 4pm yesterday from my left breast (cleavage area) it was fully excised and stitched back up. I am in so much pain- I didn't get any sleep last night beacsue the stinging pain and bruising on my breast was excruciating. It's almost 12 hours later and I'm due to take off the dressing and it is ridiculously painful- is this normal? I've been in tears because I cant move properly because it hurts so much...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately, so much pain is normal.  When a mole is excised the doctor has to cut pretty deeply in order to get good margins.  Were you given anything for pain?  
    • Posted

I wasn't given anything for the pain- I bought some co-codemol(?) which is slightly helping but I'm so uncomfortable ???? My parents think I'm being dramatic because I 'only had a mole removed' but doing anything is really painful! Probably because it's on the pectoral muscle I suppose.. just wanted to know if it was normal! Thank you for your reply x

• Posted

I'm glad that the med is helping a bit.  Most people don't understand that in some instances the doctor actually "scoops out" the tissue. They think it's just sliced off.  

My husband had a procedure, and for a suspicious growth, the dermatologist actually took out a huge section.  She biopsied the tissue as she went.  By the time she got clear margins my husband's cheek had had a huge wedge carved out of it.  

He had to have other procedures, so he didn't have a hollow place in his face. Fortunately, he's done well since then.  

Take care! xx  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.