Mole that was cut off has regrown without colour

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a mole on my arm since a child, it used to be brown but when i was a teenager I stupidly tried cutting it off several times, I cut it to skin level the first time then when it grew back i cut what I thought to be slightly below, it has always grew back it looks like keloid now but a couple of years ago I showed my GP and he sent away a sample which said it was a "warty growth" so maybe it is still partially a mole and keloid grew into it? Its really an eye sore I've never wore t-shirts or went to a pool, beach etc because of it, I've finally decided that I want to get a tattoo over it but I'd like a second opinion without having to get an appointment with a dermatologist.. I've attached 2 pictures of what it looks like now, and would greatly appreciate any help or advice, thank you

Here is how it looks now

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I can understand your concern; before you have a tattoo, which may not an improvement, you really must see a dermatologist. They are supposed to go after a few years, so this may require professional removal.
  • Posted

...there is helpful information on this site, if you put warts in on search...top right...
  • Posted

its not a wart though it grows back it looks like keloid
  • Posted

Have you actually ever discussed this with a doctor?  That should be your first port of call and then your GP should refer you to a Dermatologist.  

I urge you to go to your GP

• Posted

Yeah I was referred to a dermatologist about 6 years ago I think it was, he gave me a length of something similar to sticky tape? to apply to the area and said I would see results in a few months but nothing happened, then a few years ago is when my GP took a sample and sent it away and the results said it was a "warty growth" so from that I thought it was a formation of keloid fused with the original mole.. its really an grosse thing to talk about and embarrasing but I appreciate the help and advice, thanks 
  • Posted

You are one tough kid to cut that thing off on your own!!  Don't try that again - anyone out there....!   Moles do normally loose their color when frozen, burned, or scrapped away - and they often do grow back even when the doctors remove them.  Maybe a laser treatment would remove it once and for all and cost about as much as the tatooing disguise/camoflage would cost!!??

Definitely do not tatoo OVER the area - you could maybe tatoo around the red keloid/moley area, but don't do it ON the spot.  Remember, if you choose tatoo this looks like your hand and everyone will definitely see it - so choose wisely.  Best of luck.  I'm sorry your are having so much trouble.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.