Molloscum and burning/stinging skin sensation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have a few spots around my bum area, my GP said the look like molloscum, I’ve been trying different things to get rid of them as they appear, my skin around my bum feels like it’s burning/ stinging has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

• Posted

Hey Emily! I've had molluscum contagiosum for YEARS. It's not settled yet, but since I've decided to act on it, I have found really interesting things that might help you. First of all, start eating healthy food, the state of your immune system plays a great role in your recovery, you have to be healthy if you want to get rid of them.

Recently, I've started drinking a cup of water with 3-4 tablespoons of organic ACV (with the Mother, that's really important. Also, don't eat for an hour (or even a couple hours if you can) after drinking the mixture)

Since the day I started, I've noticed my skin is far softer and the mollusca are slowly scabbing and leaving my body. Some people apply pure ACV with coton balls directly on the mollusca, but I personally prefer not to, as it may burn the healthy tissue around it and sting a lot. Also, given their location on your body...bad idea haha

Just keep them covered any way you can, it prevents spreading.

That's about it...Be patient! As your immune system strenghthens, the spots with naturally leave. And it takes some time...^^

• Posted

Thank you I have some acv I will start taking it as a drink, I’ve been taking multi vitamins for immune system, and also taking thuja. The spots that do come up are like little red bumps but it’s the stinging sensation that drives me mad. My first spot appeared in May on my inner thigh and I’m on to number 8 I think now. I pray they clear up they have me in tears sometimes and GP is no help.

• Posted

Omg, I'm so sorry. It has never hurt me so much that it brought me to tears...Maybe you could try putting some cream on them and then cover them? 

• Posted

I’ve bought some bye wart cream to see if helps, I only have a few at the minute so have put bazuka on them and will see what happens, thanks for help
    • Posted

Years? That sucks. Hey take these supplements called: MyCommunity by Host Defense. Apparently they give them to HIV patients and seriously immunocompromised patients. It will make your immune system a beast.

I had MC for 4 months and it was gone. Thanks to these boosters.

• Posted

I will look into them thanks, I’m just so fed up the stinging is almost constant, did u do anything else to yours or just supplements 
    • Posted

Hi Allan thanks for you advise, I’ve looked for compound w advanced, I can get the normal one not advanced will this do the same job or Brazuka sub zero?  Thanks again
    • Posted

Hi again sorry I’ve double checked and compound w normal one is only available for shipping to uk from America as far as I can see so not sure this is an option for me. I will look into wart freezing products here thou and see what I can get thanks again
    • Posted

Any cryotherapy solutions with a small head. My suggestion was that you don't want to burn off healthy skin. Some of these products have big heads to treat massive plantar warts, which is too much for MC.

• Posted

Yes, in my experience, a burning/stinging/tingling sensation would sometimes precede a new mc appearing or occur when one was already present. 
    • Posted

Hi did you have the stinging sensation most of the time? I feel like I’m aware of it almost constantly, has anything helped you in getting rid of them, thanks
    • Posted

I didn't necessarily have "stinging" in the areas that I had bumps but I was definitely much more "aware" of those areas (just not quite stinging). I would get tingling or a sharp pinch in areas where I was about to get a new papule.

• Posted

Thanks I think mine are spreading as I am now getting the sensation on my lower back and further down my right leg 😥

• Posted

This sounds a lot more like my experience. I had the MC spread to a number of random places on my body and, to the best of my knowledge, it wasn't spread by touch. A urologist I saw confirmed my suspicion that, for some people, it seems that once you have contracted MC, it just pops up in new places (yay). 

This is why I cannot emphasize enough the importance of doing EVERYTHING that you can to boost your immune system. Drink tons of water. Take Vitamin C. Sleep. Don't Drink. etc etc etc ... This way, your body will clear the virus faster. (of course, you still need to treat each bump as fast as possible). 

• Posted

Thank you, I feel I am trying everything, It’s starting to affect me relationship with my husband as I am not wanting to have sex I am so worried about spreading it, I now sleep in pyjamas and I sleep on top of the bed wrapped in a sheet so I don’t come into contact with my bedding as my kids come in my bed. I was everything on a 60c wash and tumble dry it. I have my own towel which again I only use once then wash. I don’t know what else I can do 😩 my bumps are small just new really as I have been trying to treat as soon as they come I have pricked most of them out, not sure if this makes it worse?  I am now trying to keep a plaster over each one again I’m not sure if it’s best to cover on not? 

• Posted

I was told by a dermatologist that as soon as a papule is frozen, the virus should be dead. However, I always covered everything with a bandaid just in case. Instead of sleeping on a towel, I used a separate sheet that I folded in half to insulate me from my significant other. I also found that I could still enjoy sex without giving my gf the disease using both a condom and wearing clothes that prevented direct skin on skin contact. The one caveat is that friction could potentially spread MC on yourself. 

The single most challenging aspect to MC for me was mental. At the time, it was a massive deal and I just felt like I couldn't get a handle on it. I was ecstatic when my body finally cleared the disease and it did get better over time. New bumps would come in waves but those waves got smaller and smaller over time. Unfortunately, I went through about 6 doctors before I found one who was sympathetic to my situation and offered any form of compassion. Hang in there.

• Posted

Thank you for your help your right about the mental bit being the worst it’s got me feeling very down and tearful
    • Posted

It absolutely gets better and this is coming from a guy who's urologist gasped during my first exam and told me that it was the worst adult case he had seen, full stop :-) 

I'm just bummed because I didn't figure out the drinking lots of water thing until near the very end. 

• Posted

How long did you have it for? I think I got my first one in May. Haven’t really had many but this last couple of weeks seems like they spreading and getting more
    • Posted

First one in August and the last one beginning of January (but then waited 3 months before I was declared cured).
    • Posted

Fantastic so pleased for you, did u do anything else with the spots such as apply anything to them? 
    • Posted

Freeze them immediately and then let them heal. Cover with band aid.
    • Posted

Thank you, I got freeze stuff today so fingers crossed
    • Posted

I’ve been freezing red stingy bumps as they appear and covering in plasters. The plasters really irritate my skin making it red. Last couple of days skin looking better but today New bump in crease between bum cheek and leg and a couple of other stinging areas bound to be a new bump, I’m gutted. I’m drinking ace, taking vit c and multi vitamins plus essential oils do terra, don’t know what else to do. My skin is quite dry too does this makes it worse? Don’t want to put cream on for fear of speading bumps more
    • Posted

Hi Emily, 

I know you don't like to do Apple Cider Vinegar but I found that very effective and yes it will leave scars.  however the scars are so small and no one will notice.  To be honest, I rather deal with couple scars then these b******s.  I had mines around the genital areas.  I barely notice the scars around that area.  Let me know if you want to try it.  I can send you the instructions.  

• Posted

That would be great if you could send me what you did. I will try anything, these awful spots have me feeling down, just when you think they settling new stinging spots appear, I’m just totally fed up. Thanks for helping me I appreciate it.
    • Posted

One thing that you have to remember is that this is a slow process. MC doesn't go away in a week. This is a war of attrition that you will win but it will take time. Treat each bump promptly. Stay healthy. Drink your water. Take your vitamins, etc. The bumps will start appearing less frequently. Mine came in waves. At the beginning, it felt like they would never stop and that I was playing an unwinnable game of "whack a mole." The first month I had dozens. Over the next few months, each outburst was smaller and smaller until it became one or two per month and than just stopped.  Internally, your body is fighting the virus. 

• Posted

Thanks for reply I just so wish they were gone, I’m too impatient I know, I will carry one like you said and fingers crossed some time soon no more will come 
    • Posted

Stay healthy plays big important factor for treating MC.  This is what I did and I got rid of each treated bump in about 8 days.  You need to stop the spreading by using separated towels, clothes, and bed sheets.  This is what I did.  After shower, I dried myself with a towel and then I used paper towels to dry the effective area.  I taped them during my sleep and at work.  Materials that I used to treat MC were apple cider vinegar (ACV), Q-tips, and 3M medical tape.

I dipped small cotton (size of the bump) to Apple Cider Vinegar, squeezed out the extra.  Then I taped the ACV cotton to each bump.  I left it more than 12 -18 hours.  After shower, I dried MCs with paper towels, the repeated the process. 

After 2 or 3 days, the bumps turned white.  I re-applied the cotton soaked ACV.  Eventually the white part would break and ACV soaked into the bump and attacked ACV.  You definitely feel the sting.   I endured it with cotton soaked ACV taped for two more days just to make sure ACV burns the lesions. 

the final stage is letting your skin heal.  I also drank 2 tsp of ACV, multivitamins, vitamin E, and garlic pills everyday.  I treated the bumps on my girlfriend with those steps as well.  She healed faster than me without drinking ACV and vitamins.  I guess everybody has different immune system.  Stay strong and be patient.  Hope it helps!  Let me know if this work for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.